PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Carmichael
July 31st, 2002, 09:24 PM
Has anybody here played this? Opinions? I have a demo copy that came with my new computer, and am now debating whether or not to buy the entire version. It's either that or Mechwarrior 4:Vengeance, cause I adore the mech combat sims. . .

Rampaging Rodent: Have plasma cannon, will travel

milamber_reborn
August 1st, 2002, 06:23 AM
I've read great things about Ghost Recon. If you have a decent computer and a tolerance for stealth, then I'd suggest buying it.

In a PC Powerplay review they said it is especially rewarding playing co-op singleplayer or multiplayer from reviews.

One thing that may put some people off is the long waits sometimes, cause it is a slower thinking person's Operation Flashpoint.

Carmichael
August 2nd, 2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by milamber_reborn
I've read great things about Ghost Recon. If you have a decent computer and a tolerance for stealth, then I'd suggest buying it.

I have a preference for stealth. And I just bought a AMD Athalon 2100 with a Ti4600 video card and 512 megs o' RAM. I don't think there is a game I can't handle! HOOYAH!!
Much faster than my old 150Mhz Pentium box. . .

I've got a stick, though it needs to be replaced as it has the habit of knocking itself out of alignment every few days. Pain in the kiester, that.

milamber_reborn
August 3rd, 2002, 03:20 AM
In that case, hold out for SWAT: Urban Justice. It's gonna rock!

kahnovitch
April 15th, 2003, 09:20 AM
Just got this game recently and like it a lot.
It feels more real than it's other FPS counterparts and makes a refreshing change from running in all guns blazing UT style.
There are two pretty decent mission packs out for it too namely "Thunder Island" and "Desert Siege", The desert one being quite popular at the mo for obvious reasons.

DarthV
April 15th, 2003, 01:12 PM
There are quite a bit of user-created mods for Ghost Recon...and some of them are _very_ good.