PDA

View Full Version : Help ... Please

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

outlander
February 1st, 2011, 12:38 PM
This is making me crazy, I've searched the internet and asked on other forums to no avail.
I'm looking for the name of a short lived TV series ... but I can only remember two things about it.

1. The pilot of the ship was good looking but hard female who laid on her stomach in the pilots seat with a joy stick in each hand.

2. They had an alien berserker (played by an Asian actor) on board who stayed in a cocoon and wore a control collar which was turned off when his "skills" were needed.

This is all I have and I'm starting to get a headache.

PS ... I'm sure it's not Lexx.

Thanks in advance.

Red Dobbs
February 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM
Oh wow, I remember that movie, but I am sorry to say that I can't for the life of me remember the name.
Sorry...but I will think about it, iced inside, 2nd round on its way, so as long as I have power, I will get on here every now and then.

good luck

outlander
February 1st, 2011, 01:31 PM
Oh wow, I remember that movie, but I am sorry to say that I can't for the life of me remember the name.
Sorry...but I will think about it, iced inside, 2nd round on its way, so as long as I have power, I will get on here every now and then.

good luck

Red Dobbs you give me hope ... and at least someone else remembers it.
Thanks

Erfael
February 1st, 2011, 03:09 PM
Any hint when this would have been? I find it odd that it doesn't even vaguely ring any bells for me. Is it particularly old?

outlander
February 1st, 2011, 03:25 PM
I think around the time of Babylon 5 or Farscape.
BTW ... UPS just delivered Farscape The Complete Series, I plan on many hours of enjoyment

Red Dobbs
February 2nd, 2011, 06:03 PM
I think maybe late 70's early 80's but you know TV rots your brains, that has to by why I love it! I remember the man, African-American would get angry, and pull of his collar, and every once in a while one of his ship mates would hold the collar on, and tell him to chill. Maybe he was Native-American? I will ask my dad....he may know!

outlander
February 2nd, 2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks Red ... I was thinking Asian but he could have been Native-American.
After awhile things start to get all mixed together.

outlander
February 5th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks for your help the show was Space Rangers (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106144/) ..... Great but Forgotten (http://greatbutforgotten.blogspot.com/2009/08/space-rangers-tv.html)

Red Dobbs
February 6th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks for finding out, wonder if they have it on dvd?

outlander
February 6th, 2011, 01:59 PM
According to Amazon it's only in Region code: 2 ... but it's "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Too bad, I would have liked to see it.