View Full Version : Time Bandits

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

juzzza
August 1st, 2002, 07:36 AM
What a great film!!! Was it a UK Release Only movie or did you Ozzies and Americans catch it?

I saw this young and watched it again the other day, it's still good.

Belgarion
August 1st, 2002, 07:59 AM
Moderators, I think this thread should be moved over to the TV and Films Section. :cool:

Cadfael
August 1st, 2002, 08:49 AM
Agreed...

Moved to 'TV and Films'

Belgarion
August 1st, 2002, 08:52 AM
:cool:

Lifino
August 1st, 2002, 11:52 AM
Hey, Ju. I'll validate this thread...

We had it here in the states. Can't speak for Canada, but they get screwed on everything else so you can draw your own conclusions on that one...

It was a great movie. Kinda spooked me when I was a kid, especialy the part with the parents in the microwave! Very sureal. As I look back at it now, it has the feel of the Wizard of Oz, with that 'What in the...?' feel you got from Tron.

I love that era of movie making, when any movie that was a little off the wall just wasn't complete without a few dwarves(or little people)

The other movie I realy want to see is The Adventures of Baron Munchausen(sp?) I've never seen it all the way through, just parts on T.V. But it always reminds me of Time Bandits, or at least is classified in my mind in the same catagory...

-Silas

Rob B
August 1st, 2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Lifino
The other movie I realy want to see is The Adventures of Baron Munchausen(sp?) I've never seen it all the way through, just parts on T.V. But it always reminds me of Time Bandits, or at least is classified in my mind in the same catagory...

-Silas

Both ar Terry Gilliam films with a substantial amount of the Monty Python troupe.

Time Bandits is a wacky, fun movie.

Baron, well it was just wacky.

Belgarion
August 1st, 2002, 11:58 AM
Well said Fitzflagg, couldn't put that better! ;)

That Baron film lost zillions of pounds :)

Rob B
August 1st, 2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Belgarion
Well said Fitzflagg, couldn't put that better! ;)

That Baron film lost zillions of pounds :)
And Dollars...

Alucard
August 1st, 2002, 03:26 PM
I'm a huge Terry Gilliam fan. I first saw Time Bandits some ten years ago, and it still remains one of my favorites. But overall, I liked Baron Munchuasen better. The sets and filming were great, and it was immensely creative. Of all Gilliam's movies, it's my favorite. I definitely reccomend checking it out.

aptreke
August 1st, 2002, 07:45 PM
Yesssssss. I saw Time Bandits in the theater (in Los Angeles) and have since bought the DVD...

A true classic...I have always wished for a sequel..