PDA

View Full Version : DVD fans rejoice! Episode II DVD announced

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

DarthV
August 1st, 2002, 09:23 AM
Lucasarts just announced the release date for Star Wars Episode II : Attack of the Clones on DVD. Looks like November 12 will be an expensive day for me.

That same day is the release of the Extended Cut of Fellowship of the Rings on 4 or 5 DVDs :)

Miriamele
August 1st, 2002, 12:15 PM
I'm pretty sure the FOTR extended DVD will be 4 disks, two for the movie and two for the special features.

DarthV
August 1st, 2002, 12:28 PM
Actually there will be 2 different packages for the Extended Cut... one with 4 discs...and a gift set that has 5 discs (5th = National Geographic disc on LOTR) and some fancy bookends etc etc.

The 4 Disc will be around $40CAD, the Gift Set edition will be around $75CAD (ouch!)

juzzza
August 1st, 2002, 12:46 PM
Excellent. Expensive day for me too.

My Widescreen edition of LOTR on DVD arrived yesterday. The sound quality is AWESOME. It is a beautiful film the more you watch it.

I'm hoping Ep 2 will get better the more you watch it. My son loves Ep 1 and I have watched that about 20 times now and it is actually a great movie in MHO. Even JarJar grows on you, especially when you're 3!!!:D

DarthV
August 1st, 2002, 01:04 PM
I've seen some user reviews of LOTR and they are saying that it will be THE reference disc for showing off home theatre setups.
I'll probably just rent the 2 disc version next weekend...and let my new neighbors meet my subwoofer !

As for EP2, I'll end up skipping most of the 1rst hour of the movie anytime I sit down to watch it... can't wait to see Yoda with his saber lit ! Lightsaber really have a lot of bass to them...or they do if you have a good HT setup.