View Full Version : Me, Myself and I...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Lifino
August 1st, 2002, 04:31 PM
Yeppers! That's what I love about this board. From all the forums I frequent this one has the most diverse and spread-out population. All sides of the pond are represented(well, not many from the Asias) and it's just a fun place... now I'm getting all sappy, you'll start mistaking me for Fluffy Bunny, or Shanonica...

I can't tell you how often I find myself truely laughing out loud, sometimes even doubled over with tears coming from eyes, just from the humor we have here!!! Maybe I should go and post in that Love thread...

And Holbrook, care to elaborate on OAP... does that stand for Old A** Picker?;)

juzzza
August 1st, 2002, 05:23 PM
trentdick2882 have you actually created a story called 'blah' with a main character called 'blah' in it? Or are you treating those questions with contempt?

And steady on Lifino, you can't go attacking Holbrook because he's old enough to be a teenage elf!!! Show some respect man...

Loque
August 1st, 2002, 06:25 PM
1. Favourite Single Book of all time.
-Wind in the Willows

2. Favourite Author of all time.
-oh, um, er, maybe, yeah, maybe...David Gemmell!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Favourite Movie of all time.
-probably Gladiator, Payback, Good Will Hunting, Lethal Weapon 4 and a couple of others I'm forgetting

4. Favourite Band of all time.
-um, this is hard, maybe Metallica, or Queen, or Deep Purple

5. Your favourite fictional character of all time.
-Waylander or Shannow from Gemmell

6. Your favourite story that you yourself have written.
-Hmmm, Lightning Sword (deliberately corny name) or Outcaste, but neither of them are really finished

7. Your favourite character that you yourself have created and why.
-oooh, good question, um, pass

8. Explain in a few paragraphs why you love the SF/F genres.
-more intersting due to the fantastic elements and to my mind my it seems to attract the more imaginative writers and so is better escapism

9. If you could have dinner with one person alive or dead, real or fictional (not just authors) who would it be an why.
-well, dont want to be depressing so no 2 would be Douglas Adams i guess, but possibly David Gemmell, if i could have dinner with both at once it'd be great

10. The best moment in your life so far.
oh, probably the first time i kissed a girl, that was pretty damn cool, think my heart nearly pounded it's way out of chest

11. What you still wish to achieve.

Get a book published, have sex with a woman

Loque
August 1st, 2002, 06:29 PM
12. Are you male or female? (something that's often not apparent)
Male i hope otherwise I've been going somewhat wrong all my life

13. Are you listening to any music right now? If so, what and why?
Yes, listening to gets me through by Ozzy, but it's a winamp playlist with Ozzy, Black Label Society, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Tool and Alice Cooper in

14. Age (if you want to)
seventeen and hating it :)

Killer Chicken
August 1st, 2002, 09:41 PM
Can't pick
Can't pick
Can't pick
The Eagles
Can't pick
I can never finish stories, but I would have to say some of my poems are very good
Hmmm... That's difficult, I think that it would be............?
Because it makes me love life and myself
9. If you could have dinner with one person alive or dead, real or fictional (not just authors) who would it be an why.
Definately Napolean... Just because I have a facination with him. He is such a genious, it would be an honor just to talk about all of his campaigns and talk about life in general with him.
Can't really say, I've had very many
Being known throughout the world for something good
12. Are you male or female
Male
13. Music right now?
I'm actually listening to Supertramp: Breakfast in America. Great album.
14. Age?

LePeze
August 1st, 2002, 10:38 PM
1. Favourite single book
can't pick
2. Favourite author of all time
Frank Herbert
3. Favourite movie of all time
Pulp Fiction, The Big Lebowsky
4. Favourite band of all time
Deep Purple
5. Your favourite fictional character of all time
Vladimir Harkonnen
none
none
don't know
the Unabomber, I always wanted to meet a crazy man
my sister moving out of the house
to graduate
male
13. Music right now?
I'm checking out everything that Iggy Pop has done in his life, currently listening to 'Beat 'Em Up' and 'AvenueB'
14. Age?

estranghero
August 1st, 2002, 11:29 PM
Well, I think I'm one of the few regulars to this forum that come from Asia.

Tigana

None to mention though I have some likes (e.g. Tad Williams, Matt Stover, China Mielville, Steven Erikson, Robert Jordan, George R.R. Martin, etc.)

None I can mention at the moment...

I'd go with Garbage I guess (love your choices Sammie :)). Tough question, it's like the Fave Author query.

Simon Deathstalker

6. Your favourite story that you yourself have written. -

Haven't really written any that I've really liked though some of my mainstream stuff are personal stuff for me.

7. Your favourite character that you yourself have created and why. -

The Deceiver. To quote a character from Neil Gaiman's 'Books of Magic': "He dances on the edge, pitting Heaven against Hell."

Considering my cultural and sociological background (wherein we never met medieval), that's a good question...

Hannibal Lecter? J/K. :D No one really. Maybe coffee...

A secret kiss...

To tell stories people would want to read and get published of course. :)

12. Are you male or female? (something that's often not apparent)

male

13. Are you listening to any music right now? If so, what and why?

Nope though just checked my download of Henry Rollins "Liar".

:cool:

Shanoncia
August 2nd, 2002, 12:24 AM
The Lord of the Rings ( and yes it counts as a 'single' book )

John Ronald Reuel Tolkien The first, last and only!

I couldn't possibly answer that. So many movies have touched me in so many different wonderful ways. And if I were to tell you what each one did individually we'd be here for days so I'll just say that I love Braveheart, Lord of the Rings, Gladiator, and anything else tragic... seems to be the only thing I can connect with anymore...

Does it have to be a band? I have a favourite composer (James Horner) and a favourite opera singer (Davide Di Ragusa), but if you wanna know band, then I'll give you a band - Nine Inch Nails.

Does it have to be a famous fictional chracter, because I'm extremely attatched the the characters in my own novel that I'm writing and some are as dear to me as my truest friends in the real world...If you can call it real but anyway of my story my favourite chracter is Daeglo. He actually is very evil but in a strange way evil chracters have always the most intriguing for me. Now out of famous litterature, my favourite all time ficticious character is Feanor.

MY biggest project is technically incomplete so I'd have to say then "Intuituin Sea" although I lost it... It was a short story I wrote back in grade 11 and some jerk headed jock thought it would be funny to light the highest graded paper of the class on fire... :(

I kind of answered thisone already in the favourite chracter question, so you already know that my answer is 'Daeglo'. As to why, well... why not? He's an ingenious, irrestable demigod devoured by his lust for his sister and her realm (earth). Though he walks among the elves clad in there flesh his true form can best be descdribed as a giant winged elf spirit. He is the key to the inner meaning of my story, and almost every metaphor is fed through him. I can't explain it well rightnow though... I'm extremely depribed of sleep...

I don't think I could explain in a few paragraphs why I like SF&F... It's way too simple. This modern hell call civilzed earth is dull, boring, backward minded, run by cowards, and with out enough danger. I need to conquer mountains, lead armies, go on adventures, get messy, experiance near death... I have so much fire and nothing to burn...

I would have to say God. I have alot of question's I'd like to ask him.

When I got off the plane in Germany, and there waiting for me, was the love of my life who I was seeing person to person for the first time. He handed me a single crimson rose, took me into his mighty arms of refuge and gently kissed my temple.

11. What do you still wish to achieve.
To change the world entirely.

Female.

13. Music right now?
Complicated by Avril Lavigne

14. Age?

andolimont
August 2nd, 2002, 12:44 AM
1. Lord of the Rings, read in college.
2. Anne McCaffrey, not just her Pern series either.
3. Star Trek, The Voyage Home, lots of tongue in cheek humor.
4. Chicago: one of the best bands of all time.
5. Data from ST,New Generation he cracks me up.
6. I usually write poetry, all of them.
7. Andolimont, she is ornery, fiesty, and bitchy at the same time.
8. I enjoy sci-fi because it allows one to suspend reality, dream of the possibility of what if, majic were real, there were dragons, elves, hobbits, or other faerie folk. What is really out there? In space can no-one hear you scream, are we alone..it makes one wonder about the whole concept of space, time and how we exist in this rhelm.
9. Jon Luc Piccard, I would ask so many questions, about his family, be a ships captain, his artifical heart, whats it like working with an android, does he like Q, will he introduce me to Q. etc.
10. The single most wonderful moment in my life, actually there are two: the birth of each of my children, and the day I got married.
11. To live my life in such a way as to have it said of me, she was a nice lady, good person, calm, and gentle, with a crazy sence of humor.
12. I am decidedly female...
:D :D

kegasaurus
August 2nd, 2002, 06:47 AM
A balding boy in his mid-twenties sits at his computer, watching and waiting.
Sheryl Crow's 'Golddust woman' blares through the air, the sound reverbrating through every niche of his cell.
Suddenly a list of questions appear, and for the first time in a while, a cog turns in his head. Was this what he was waiting for? Is there some sort of salvation to be found? Probably not, yet the possibility exists, that maybe, just maybe

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, as it taught me that those rectangular slabs filling many a persons shelves actually had a heart and a soul of their own.

Each author offers something the rest don't and this is one question I can't answer.

The Big Lebowski by the Coen Brothers. The magical journey of an inarticulate man stuck in an eloquent world.

Also 'The good the bad and the ugly.' Sergio Leone was a genius.

The Furey's. 'The green fields of France,' 'Stealaway' and 'Belfast Mill' are songs that rend the soul.

Kegasaurus.

They're all crap

His name is Dave and he pays the ultimate sacrifice for disappointing me.

I guess its the alternative it offers, though I don't use it as an escape.

Family not included (By my own merit), I'd have to say Mick Foley or Ric "Woooooo" Flair.

As I don't have kids, (They seem to be the popular pick) I'd have to say the present one.

11. What you still wish to achieve

The unachievable.