View Full Version : Me, Myself and I...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Shef
August 11th, 2002, 09:48 PM
Even though I was only joking, the above just killed my chances of becoming a mod didn't it. :( :( Can I at least be one of the staff dudes you've been asking for? No. :( Me and my big mouth. http://proboards8.com/boardimages/cry.gif

estranghero
August 12th, 2002, 12:04 AM
Ditto with Shan. Dave Matthews RAWK! :p

Hehehe nice Shef. You want any help getting your foot out of your mouth? :D

daigoro
August 12th, 2002, 06:05 AM
Thanks Shanoncia, I guess...

Shef, you're in so deep that you have no idea...

Keziah
August 12th, 2002, 10:23 AM
1. Fav. Single book of all time - Esio Trot by Roald Dahl

2. Fav. Author of all time - Feist, or Hobb

3. Fav. Movie of all time - Moulin Rouge, or The Matrix, or Mallrats

4. Fav. Band of all time - Matchbox Twenty, although i just descovered an absolutley brilliant man called Nathan Gaunt.

5. Fav. Fictional character of all time - Aragorn, he rocks.

6. Fav. Story that you yourself have written - ahh, don't write.

7. Fav. Character that you yourself have created - see above.

8. Explain in a few paragraphs why you love the SF/F genres. -
I have no idea, i just love them.

9. If you could have dinner with one person alive or dead, real or fictional (not just authors) who would it be an why. - The chocmilk Cows - the ones from the ads.

10. The best moment in your life so far - I've had plenty of good times, i couldn't choose just one.

11. What do you still wish to achieve. - To make a difference with whatever career i eventually get around to, to have a family, to be happy.

12. Are you male or female - female

13. Are you listening to any music right now? If so, what and why? - i'm not, i was listening to Queen's greatest hits because i love'm and it'll never get old!

14 Age - 18

Shef
August 12th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Origanaly posted by estranghero:
Hehehe nice Shef. You want any help getting your foot out of your mouth?
Yeah I would appreciate that estranghero. It seems that I got it so far in there it is about to come out of my buttocks. Woe is me I suppose.

Pirate Jenn
August 12th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Shan-- James Horner rocks! ;)

1. Fav Book
The Riddlemaster Trilogy, by Patricia McKillip. It's eerie weirdness and dual realities conform nicely to my life. ;)

2. Fav. Author
Patricia McKillip. The most poetic fantasy writer ever (Peter Beagle a close second)

3. Fav. Movie
Toss up between Willow and Labrynth. No idea how many times I've watched them (way more than healthy ;) )

4. Fav. Band
Somewhere between the Cheiftans, Starboard List (sea shanty group), Indigo Girls, and Phil Keaggy (best guitarist of all time!)

5. Fav. Fict. Character
Deth from Riddlemaster or Mr. Tumnus from the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe...

6. Fav. Story you yourself wrote?
This changes depending on what I'm working on. ;) Currently, it's my book *Elder Wars* (working title). Nothing has ever surprised me in so many pleasant ways (or been as funny). I'm finally satisfied with the characters, worlds, and style. :)

7. Fav Character you created
either Dawn from Elder Wars or Mearean from an ooooold group story I worked on back in the days of Prodigy (anyone remember that old dinosuar?). Dawn has so many facets--she has confused me and her children at times, but we are learning to understand her idiosynchrasies. Mearean was interesting because...well. <grin> For many reasons. Probably a favorite, however, because she was such a part of me for some five years.

8. Why I love sf/f
To use Tolkein's word from his essay on Fairy Stories: "Euchatastrophy." This is the idea that, although the world can be very dark and treacherous, at the end of the road is life and joy. Without the catastrophy, the joy wouldn't be possible. In the Christian story, Christ had to die for the joy that came after (which is where Tolkein's idea came from). He says this is the kind of story that people most want to be true...and the story that, ultimately, *is* more true. Anyhow, I agree with him. :)

9. Dinner with one person
Tough. If it was my last dinner, I'd want to be with my husband. If it wasn't, then I'd want to have dinner with my Uncle Danny. He died of Aids when I was 15...he didn't tell us he was ill until we moved several states away and, although I bought a ticket to fly back and visit him, he died the week before I arrived.
:( I have lots of questions for him.

10. Best Moment
The moment I watched the scene where Vader died in Return of the Jedi--I finally understood that, no matter how bad someone appeared on the outside, they still have a chance to become good. (I'm getting all misty eyed ;) )

11. Still wish to acheive
I've answered this elsewhere...but, in addittion, I really want to refine my personal character. I want my Grandkids to think of me as a sweet old lady--I've got a lot of work to do ;)

12. Female

13. What are you listening to?
The Great Big Sea...their self-titled albumn. Song: The Night That Paddy Murphy Died. (Canadian/Newfoundland band)

14. Age?
26 in November (yikes)

Shanoncia
August 12th, 2002, 09:22 PM
PJ, great big sea? nice choice.

Pirate Jenn
August 12th, 2002, 10:28 PM
:) Thanks. And to think, if car burglars hadn't stolen the CD player from our truck two months ago and left a Great Big Sea CD behind, I might never have heard of them. ;) (Silly burglars)

athenix
August 12th, 2002, 11:25 PM
1. Favourite single book
Ouch. This is difficult. But I suppose, if I have to pick, Fyodor Dostoevsky's _Notes From Underground_

2. Favourite author of all time
Of all time? Can't choose, there are too many.

3. Favourite movie of all time
"The Pillow Book", "Fight Club"

4. Favourite band of all time
VNV Nation

5. Your favourite fictional character of all time
Oblomov (from the book of the same title by Goncharov)

6. Your favourite story that you yourself have written.
ask me this when I feel I've actually written something worthwhile...

7. Your favourite character that you yourself have created and why.
ditto

8. Explain in a few paragraphs why you love the SF/F genres.
I just do. While it sounds like a cop-out answer, it's true.

9. If you could have dinner with one person alive or dead, real or fictional (not just authors) who would it be an why.
Douglas Adams. Amazing author, surely a wonderful man to be around.

10. The best moment in your life so far.
There are two. The requisite, tacky-but-true... meeting Adam a year ago and realizing that we were both completely off-the-wall and perfect for each other. Then maybe the craziest moment... Arriving in New York City at Port Authority fresh from the Greyhound and a 11 hour trip with four bags and keys to an apartment in Manhattan.

11. What you still wish to achieve.
My PhD. But maybe my BA first...

12. Are you male or female
female

13. Music right now?
Dvorak's "New World Symphony"

14. Age?

estranghero
August 13th, 2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Shef

Yeah I would appreciate that estranghero. It seems that I got it so far in there it is about to come out of my buttocks. Woe is me I suppose.

Ah, don't worry about it. Or to quote Hugh Grant in 'Mickey Blue-Eyes', "Fugedaboudid." :D Got my own share of FIM disease here and in other places also...