PDA

View Full Version : Favorite zombie movies?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

dinkygreg
February 10th, 2011, 05:54 AM
I have always enjoyed Zombie movies, but not as much as I do now since I have seen Dawn of the Dead (original) later. I really enjoyed this movie a lot and want to see again. I have watched almost every Zombie movie I could find. My all time favorite zombie movies are Night of the Living Dead(original), Shaun of the Dead and Lucio Fulci's Zombi.
Just wondering what are your favorite zombie movies of all time?

DailyRich
February 10th, 2011, 06:11 AM
I know it's a bit of a heresy in some circles, but I really love Zack Snyder's remake of Dawn of the Dead. Those opening credits with Johnny Cash rasping along just perfectly set the mood. And I'm not one of those who believe that Romero permanently set the zombie template and anyone who dares deviate from the slow, ambling zombie is committing blasphemy, so I was fine with the fast zombies.

algernoninc
February 10th, 2011, 10:09 AM
don't you mean Shaun of the Dead ? I think the comedy treatment is the only one that worked well for me.

Quimby
February 24th, 2011, 11:56 AM
don't you mean Shaun of the Dead ? I think the comedy treatment is the only one that worked well for me.

I thought Zombieland was pretty damn funny as well.

smith
February 25th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I also like '28 days later'. But my favorite zombie movie ist 'Night of the Living Dead' by George A. Romero since it's (I think so at least) the first real zombie movie and that's why it's all the following movie's pioneer.

jfmac
March 6th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I thought Zombieland was pretty damn funny as well.

It was a riot. I've watched it several times and laugh everytime.

Sonja Ravenscroft
March 6th, 2011, 06:30 PM
The Evil Dead trilogy, does that count? If for no other reason than the yuks provided by Bruce Campbell-and the one liners- my favorite:

"Attention Pinheads! This is my BOOMSTICK! I bought it at S-mart! Shop SMART! Shop S-mart!" :D

Fantasyeatergal
March 22nd, 2011, 01:17 PM
Not a movie but... The Walking Dead is pretty awesome!

Solaar
March 22nd, 2011, 01:26 PM
Not a movie but... The Walking Dead is pretty awesome!

Oh, how I disagree! I really wanted it to BE awesome but it was very, very flat and lifeless... pun intended? I'm sure it will strengthen once it gets fully into its' stride, though.

Zombiland rocked my world and was a really pleasant surprise, but my favourite zed flick is probably Dawn of the Dead - Snyder's version! (I hear you DailyRich!) - I thought it was a great film!

I actually managed to be cast as an extra in The Zombie Diaries 2 - which is out in July - but I'm certain it won't be shooting me to stardom! ;)

Solaar
zombified

Fantasyeatergal
March 22nd, 2011, 02:21 PM
Alright, I'll grant you that the TV show did not measure up to the comic books, but I still think it was rather good. Lets agree to disagree :D

Just thought of The Horde (the French movie)... I wont commit on the whole movie, but the end was good... *spoiler* they finally manage to get out of that building but they are still doomed! I'm a sucker for doom endings. Which works so well with zombie movies!