PDA

View Full Version : help identify post-apocalyptic book

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

teridon
February 13th, 2011, 02:16 PM
I read a preview of a book somewhere, I can't remember where. I wanted to read the rest of the book but I can't remember now what it was!

I believe the book was set in a post-apocalyptic world, but I don't remember if it said what caused the apocalypse. The main character is a male, alone at first.

At some point he realizes someone is following him through the wilderness. It turns out to be a young female. They don't trust each other, but he helps her (with food, I think), but they soon part for some reason.

The man comes across a town. He manages to find a garage of some kind; it still has power, which is apparently very rare. And inside there is some sort of vehicle -- sounds like a vehicle made for war; like a light battle tank.

He drives off in the tank.. and that's where the preview ends I think.

Merik7
February 16th, 2011, 06:38 AM
I haven't read it, but that might be book one of 'Empire of the East' by Fred Saberhagen

teridon
February 17th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks -- I've read some Saberhagen (Swords books). But, after reading the synopsis of the series, I don't think that's it. The main character wasn't Rolf

acton bell
February 21st, 2011, 08:32 PM
Could it be one of the Bolo books?

Highroller
June 18th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Sounds a bit like Starman's Son by Andre Norton. Not sure he found a tank seems like it was an atomic powered car.