SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lifino
August 2nd, 2002, 01:29 PM
"There's a monster outside my window, can I have a glass of water."

Anybody plan to see this? I can't tell if it looks good or not. The first few trailers had me, but now they make it look more spookey(I have a very low tolerance for the freaky) Then I look at it in another light and I don't even see much worth watching...

So, are you going? Know anything about the story? Reviews...

Thanks
-Silas

Cygnus
August 2nd, 2002, 04:09 PM
I do plan on seeing it. I had the opposite reaction as you, Lifino. When I saw the first trailer for Signs when I went to LOTR, it looked incredibly lame. Someone in the audience even said, "Oooo, crop circles.. I'm so scared!". :)

Now that it looks freaky, I'm ready to go! I don't usually like scary movies, but this looks like a lot of fun.

estranghero
August 3rd, 2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Lifino
"There's a monster outside my window, can I have a glass of water."

Off-topic I know but that kinda reminds me of a scene in that Richard Gere movie, 'The Mothman Prophecies'. Now that was creepy stuff!

Back on-topic, I'll always watch any movie by M. Night Shmaylan (sp?) since he's one of my favorite writers/ directors. :)

Runebreaker
August 4th, 2002, 04:31 PM
See this movie. It was really really scary and difinitly on the same lvl of the sixth sense. Also i wont lie to you the first 10 minutes seems stupid but after that it just gets better and better and the ending is soooo good.

Rob B
August 4th, 2002, 05:09 PM
I saw it yesterday and really enjoyed it. Like M. Nights other movies, it took a bit to get it going, but I thought it was a good film. I really liked how he had a number of humourous scenes and lines in it to ease the tension of the suspense.

Very reminiscent of Hitchcock.

Eventine
August 4th, 2002, 11:47 PM
It's out over here on the 15th, and I'll probably see it the first weekend.
I've seen very little about this move, but love the directors work.

Shanoncia
August 5th, 2002, 12:45 AM
I saw the trailer larger then life, up close and personal at the cinema and it wowed me, but after seeing the advertisment on T.V. all excitement dwindled and faded. Most alien movies have ben getting pretty cliche. I hope this one surprises me with some creativity. Since good ol' Mel is in though one thing can be fore sure - THERE WILL BE GORE, which is neither here nor there for me. although one thing that does turn me off about this movie is that Mel Gibsons characters son is played by the same actor who played the evil ceaser in gladiator and I don't know if I can ever take him serioursly as anything else after that wonderful glorious movie. AH well... :rolleyes:

Loque
August 11th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Def going to see it, saw the trailer a while back, Joquain Phoenix is a great actor and I'm looking forward to seeing him in something else. I wouldnt normally go and see it, but Mel Gibson's my favourite actor so I cant resist, besides, it does sound quite interesting.

Shanoncia
August 11th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Joquain Phoenix is that ceasers name?

Loque
August 12th, 2002, 06:46 PM
Yeah, pretty sure that's the right spelling, i love Gladiator, havent seen it for about a month actually, far too long. I know most of it off by heart and tend to recite it as I'm watching it, other people tend to find this funny and then irritating.

God I'm so sad :/