PDA

View Full Version : I need some help finding an obscure sci-fi series

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

jefeweiss
August 3rd, 2002, 12:37 PM
I have been looking for a while for a series that I read a fairly long time ago, it would have been in the mid 80s so, I know the series is older then that. There were maybe 4 or 5 books the title of which may have contained Deathwing or Darkwing or Darkstalker or something similar to that. They may have been written by a British author as I seem to recall the spellings were British (ie centre) and all the measurements were in metric.

In these books the main character was the last surviving person from his planet which was basically a planet full of super-warriors. The whole series he went from planet to planet looking for the people who were responsible for the death of all his people. The series was kind of cheesy but fun. A sample of the type of writing that was in it would be "his hands and feet were blurring instruments of death as he whirled through the control room dismembering the crew members" or some such. The main character had the obligatory super strength and reflexes of an uber warrior.

Any help with possible identifications of the title and/or author is appreciated.

Guymelef
August 3rd, 2002, 01:32 PM
Deathstalker by Simon Green? If so, its not hard to find, I could go to 3 bookstores within 15 minutes and buy 20 of them.

chocky
August 3rd, 2002, 03:08 PM
You may be looking for the Death Dealer series by Frank Frazetta.
I don't know if they are still in print but Good Luck!:)

jefeweiss
August 4th, 2002, 09:40 PM
These arent it, I thought Deathstalker might be it at first but they arent. For one thing they both came out too late. I remembered something else though one of the books in the series was named "Death(wing?)_ over Veyenna (Sp)"

Thanks for the suggestions though =)

Jon Shannow
August 6th, 2002, 11:01 PM
Sorry can't help you I remember the series but all I can recall was how thin the books were. The were great fun aimed at teenagers I think.

jefeweiss
September 3rd, 2002, 10:20 PM
Those were the ones alright. There were 4 or 5 of them I think. I was interested in reading them again to see what I thought. They were my favorite books when I was 13 or so, and now that I'm quite a bit older I wanted to see if they were still any good at all.

Chuffalump
November 5th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Hey, another antique thread I know the answer to. You can tell the soap operas are on tv can't you? Anything to avoid Coronation Street.

Check out Keill Randor - The Last Legionary series. I loved these as a kid.

lolrus
November 10th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Sounds quite like the "Starwolf" books by Edmond Hamilton to me. Although it's been 20 years since I've read them. Their planet was called Varna, they were strong and very fast dur to Varna having very strong gravity.

Book 1 (http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/edmond-hamilton/weapon-from-beyond.htm)

Rob B
November 10th, 2008, 04:09 PM
Question answered...6 years ago. No need to keep going, thread closed.