View Full Version : Movie tears

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Shimrod
August 5th, 2002, 10:31 AM
To my surprise tears were coming when watching A.I.
Not, because the movie was bad. It wasn't that bad but in one way or another David and Teddy touched me deeply.

Anyone shed tears or felt tears coming watching a particular movie because of the emotions?

Jack Burton
August 5th, 2002, 11:35 AM
AI,IMHO, was a first-rate film... should have gotten more praise than it did..I was deeply moved, it is a haunting,heart-wrenching movie..it stays with you long after you watch it..one of the best sci-fi flicks in years.

juzzza
August 5th, 2002, 11:38 AM
This is gonna sound completely stupid, but I found the Meatloaf movie (story of his life) really emotional. don't think tears came but I felt a lump.

Since becoming a father, I get a bit emotional during any father and son scenes.:eek:

Sammie
August 5th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Braveheart. I cry every time.

Solaar
August 5th, 2002, 01:44 PM
When I was a kid I remember watching te Battlestar Galactica film where Starbuck (...?) crashed and made friends with the Cylon (?) who then sacrificed himself at the end of the film to save him!!

Solaar
sniffing

Cygnus
August 5th, 2002, 04:49 PM
I will admit it.. I was sobbing in LOTR after Gandalf battles the Balrog. To see those wonderful hobbits so sad really bothered me I guess. It's so stupid since I've read the series enough times to know how things are going to turn out.

Just watched the Iron Giant for the 2nd time recently. That ending gets me pretty choked up too. Oh, and the part in The Neverending Story where Artax gets sucked into the Swamp of Sadness.. so sad.

I'm usually pretty emotional when it comes to sad or touching scenes in movies. So when everyone told me that A.I was a tear jerker, I made sure to bring plenty of kleenex to the theater. To my surprise I didn't even think of crying. That movie irritated me more than anything.

I've only watched Braveheart once, and I don't think that I'll ever watch it again. I cried for hours after seeing that movie!!

juzzza
August 5th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Forrest Gump
ER - When Dr Green Dies
Gladiator
Braveheart - FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOM
Interview with the Vampire - When Brad Pitt finds Kirsten's ashes
Bram Stoker's Dracula - Gary Oldman was so passionate in that role me and the girlfriend wept openly in the cinema :)

Anything with dying monkeys I.E. Greystoke, Tarzan (even the disney cartoon) King Kong.

Highlander when his Bonny Heather Croaks to the sound of Queen!!! 'Who wants to live forever... Who dares to love forever... Forever, is not today'

Legends of the Fall - When the ET guy dies and Brad's Indian wife.

ABSOLUTELY ANY DAMN MOVIE WITH HURT OR DYING KIDS...

milamber_reborn
August 6th, 2002, 01:18 AM
I always remembered that Neverending Story swamp scene from years ago when I watched it as a child.

An aussie tv-movie, Heroes Mountain, was a tear jerker. It was about a guy who was trapped after an avanlanche for a few days before being rescued, based on a real incident.

Loque
August 15th, 2002, 04:19 PM
Armageddon where Harry is talking to Gracie at the end, that bit got to me once, but i was feeling a bit low at the time anyway. That's the only film that's ever made me cry, in fact the only thing that has in years so I was quite impressed.
Damn good film.

Who wants to live forever tends to get me close sometimes, especially when I;m already depressed, same with All dead, All dead and Too Much Love Will Kill You, god damn but Queen are amazing.

Ok, going of topic now so I'll shut up :)

LePeze
August 15th, 2002, 04:34 PM
The Lion King(I was 12 when I watched it, ok)