PDA

View Full Version : Need helping finding author/title

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Tyesbooks
March 30th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Okay, this is a very common theme in SF but I am looking for a book series, I am not sure if it is a single book or a series but it is about a warship commander that had to steal his vessel away from his own government to complete a mission and then after completing that mission decides to become a pirate hunter instead of turning himself in.

Any ideas would be helpful

algernoninc
March 31st, 2011, 10:29 AM
reminds quite strongly of one of the young Miles Vorkossigan books by Lois McMaster Bujold, possibly The Warrior's Apprentice

Erfael
March 31st, 2011, 11:28 AM
It reminded me of that, also. But specific things like warship commander and pirate hunter seem a bit off about it.

Tyesbooks
March 31st, 2011, 05:53 PM
That does not appear to be it, but it seems like it might be an interesting series. Meh, I'll try it out.

Possible new information:
As i was thinking more about the book I know that not all of the crew was human and I think that the pilot/navigator was some sort of of alien with tentacles. I'm not 100% sure on that but I think that is close.

chaunur
April 4th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Mike Resnick's Starship Mutiny, first book of a series. I've only read this one and the second Starship Pirates. They were average.

Tyesbooks
April 4th, 2011, 05:26 PM
thanks, that was it, it seems that he has 5 books in the series, now i get to finish it, thanks for the help.

Now if i could only find out what are the authors to the other books I'm looking for I would be in heaven.

chaunur
April 5th, 2011, 08:08 AM
It's been a couple of years since I started the series, now that its apparently finished I need to finish reading them.