View Full Version : warcraft3

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

sunback
August 6th, 2002, 12:56 PM
con you only play warcraft over the net?

LePeze
August 6th, 2002, 01:01 PM
no

warcraft3 is a single player game that can be played online on battle.net

the next game in the warcraft universe is 'World of Warcaft' and is a MMORPG(mutimass online rpg), this game u can probably play only online

DarthV
August 6th, 2002, 06:36 PM
I'd call Battle.net an internet service ;) Battle.net is a game matching service...so you play against all kinds of people or just against your friends (by adding a password to your game).

Magic toe
August 13th, 2002, 04:41 PM
Warcraft 3 was going to be my next puchase, does it come recommended?

LePeze
August 13th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Great game, especially the single player campaign, it isn't as easy and short as those in starcraft.

Also playing on the internet rules, especially tower defense.

someguy
August 13th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Havent played Warcraft III yet (and probably wont, no time or money), but I have been on Battle.net. Too many weirdos and people swearing and what not. Not everyone of course, but it can leave a bad taste in your mouth sometimes.

Waiting for Master of Orion III,

Someguy

isajeep
August 13th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Actually you can, there are two programs that allow you to connect to a specific ip running a game, its good if everyone has a good connection and don't wanna chance the lag that bnet sometimes introduces. Link (http://www.infoceptor.com/files/warcraft3.shtml)

Magic toe
August 14th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Does it follow parts of warcraft 2 closely as in similar units and gameplay. Also is the 3D engine similar to such games as black and white?

Nero
August 17th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Warcraft 3 is one of the best computer games I have ever played. I'm not a big fan of all those roleplaying games, but this has some elements from it. I'd call it adventure, RPG, and RTS. It has awesome graphics, especially in the movies, and there are a lot of new creatures. The two new races are the Undead and Night Elves, and a new hero system in which you choose a character and level him up, get items , exc. Probably the best feature is Battle.net, where you connect to the internet, choose a name, and play games with people across the world. There are all types of different games to play on the net, like tower defense, capture the flag, dodge the sheep, hero arenas, and alot more. You should get it without a doubt!

Flammenweber
August 21st, 2002, 07:22 AM
Warcraft 3 is imho the best rpg to buy at the moment, the only negative aspect is the AI of your own army, in narrow areas they block each other sometimes, but this problem appears in all rpg's - if you know one, where tis doesn't happen ==> pleeeease tell me.

I think the game is particularly a little bit too easy...but it's fun
:D