PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Elisabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane from DW)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Loerwyn
April 19th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Source (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/s7/doctor-who/news/a315485/elisabeth-sladen-dies-aged-63.html) (As tweeted by Neil Gaiman).

Such a shame, too. My condolences to her friends and family.

Hobbit
April 19th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Just hearing about this one on t'Interwebs...

Elisabeth was, like Jo/Katy Manning, the quintessential Doctor Who (original series) companion.

The two were the most popular companions at the time when it was most popular first time around, with Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42714000/jpg/_42714351_sarahjane_seeds400.jpg

Was quite a well-liked guest at the SFX Weekender last year. And now getting quite an audience of her own with the new Sarah Jane Adventures.

Will be missed.

Mark

Mark Lawrence
April 19th, 2011, 04:28 PM
The best remembered of all the Doctor's companions from my childhood. Very sad news. I'm glad she got to re-appear in recent episodes and in her own series.

Jennifer P
April 20th, 2011, 12:22 PM
No more Sarah Jane. Nobody else could ever play her. I did not even know she was sick...very sad. She wasn't even that old.

DailyRich
April 20th, 2011, 12:31 PM
She was my first Companion, back when I'd catch the Jon Pertwee Doctor on PBS on lazy Saturday afternoons. And in junior high, when the Tom Baker Doctor was all the rage. She accounted pretty well for herself in her modern appearances, and never seemed to have lost her enthusiasm for the property. Sad day for the Whoverse.

Someone pointed out that nearly all the main players from the Third Doctor era are now gone.

PeteMC
April 20th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Just heard about this, very sad loss.

kged
April 20th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I'm genuinely saddened by this news. She was so beautiful - I was quite besotted with her in my youth. Horrible news.

Hobbit
April 20th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Looking at the BBC News website, there are over 600 comments in 24 hours.

Incredible.

Mark