PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite movie?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 [3]

saintjon
May 26th, 2011, 07:21 AM
I've had lots of different favourites over the years but at this point I would have to say it's a dead heat between The Dark Knight and The Big Lebowski.

Queen Aurora
June 4th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Choose one? Nope can't do it.

My favourites are Clockwork orange, 300, pulp fiction, labyrinth, beetlejuice, Sin City, ......even then they sometimes change I have way too many favourites!

Chuffalump
June 4th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Hard choice but....hmmm......maybe you could chose the one that you quote from the most?

In that case:

Star Wars (the older 3), Life of Brian, Team America World Police.

TheIELighten
August 28th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Babylon 5:In the beginning

Kaeru
August 29th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Choose one? Nope can't do it.

My favourites are Clockwork orange, 300, pulp fiction, labyrinth, beetlejuice, Sin City, ......even then they sometimes change I have way too many favourites!

I love Labyrinth.

JustinfromTexas
August 29th, 2011, 09:49 AM
You remind me of the babe...

D-Doc
September 9th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Lord Of The Rings, Apocalypto, Children Of Men.

Violent Emesis
September 10th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I am not 100% sure, but I think my favorite movie of all time might be "Bullet" with Mickey Rourke and Tupac Shakur, oh and Adrien Brody, also that guy who played Buffalo Bill in "Silence of the Lambs" is in it.

Jop
September 16th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I've got a few that stand out - Star Wars (first one I saw with my Dad, who took me out of school to see it; I even found $20, which he quickly pocketed...grrrr :( ); another one is Dune, trippy but I like it for some reason. One from my University days that I remember fondly for some reason is The Blood of Heroes with Rutger Hauer...must be the, um, beer bongs that make it so memorable (yeah, that's it). I don't have any one movie that made a great impact on my life...So many to choose from!

JunkMonkey
September 16th, 2011, 04:43 PM
One from my University days that I remember fondly for some reason is The Blood of Heroes with Rutger Hauer...must be the, um, beer bongs that make it so memorable (yeah, that's it). I don't have any one movie that made a great impact on my life...So many to choose from!

I like The Blood of Heroes (aka Salute of the Jugger) too! I only came across it for the first time last year when I bought it during a long cheapo rubbish Post-Apoc film jag. It pushed all the right buttons from the description on the back of the box - but turned out to be a not half bad, weird little film. I'm glad I'm not the only person alive who reckons it.
From my film diary:

Salute of the Juggers(1989) - There are lots of sport movies where the underdog team, usually lead by some 'could have been a contender' has-been, wins through in the final moments of the movie. There are plenty of SF movies with brutal gladiatorial contests at their centre. There are many many movies where the young naive talented rookies grab a chance at the big time at the expense of those around them. Salute of the Juggers (a dreadful title) combines all three and, damn me, it gets away with it! In a post apocalyptic world - think Mad Max without the budget, Rutger Hauer (as the old has-been) and Joan Chen (as the new kid on the block) beat the living sh*t out of anyone who gets in their way as they try to win a game called 'jugging', the object of which is to shove a dog's skull on a stick before someone throws 100 rocks at a sheet of metal - or the other guys break your legs.
There's precious little back story - or even front story. Most of the set (and costume) design consists of old tyres and chunks of Hessian sacking. The characters are paper thin and most of the time is spent watching people hitting each other in the face. But it bloody works. Not great, but well worth a look.