PDA

View Full Version : 1980's scifi book, aliens, volcanoes, bikers

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

shotgunsuzie
June 15th, 2011, 06:49 PM
as my title suggests this book is out there, i read it when i was 14 i think? mid 80's. Anyway it had time travel and bikers in it, or was it time travelling bikers? And aliens from the future, and a volcanoe, i remember the cover being very colorful it had everything i've described and more on the cover. Having now read Spider Robinson, i can say that this book felt alot like that craziness? Please tell me i'm not the only one who read this. Hopefully there's somone out there as old as me who's read this as well.

Chuffalump
June 19th, 2011, 04:16 AM
If you take a look at the Baen Free Library and go to Keith Laumers page there's a collection called The Lighter Side. When you mentioned bikers and time travel this book immediately came to mind.

shotgunsuzie
June 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM
If you take a look at the Baen Free Library and go to Keith Laumers page there's a collection called The Lighter Side. When you mentioned bikers and time travel this book immediately came to mind.

OMG! It seems you found the writer i was looking for, the covers all look so similar to what i described it feels like i just stepped through a door back in time! I can't thank you enough! The only problem i'm finding is looking for the cover of the book, allot of the book titles don't have covers for the books, or like many older books the covers have been redone! *laughs* Amazing though, never thought my vague description would find a home, like trying to hit a swinging dart-board in the belly of a pirate ship during a collossal storm at sea! Thanks Matey! You hit the mark!

Chuffalump
June 20th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Success is it's own reward. :cool::D