PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying a book please?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Saknussem
July 12th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Hi all,
My first time here, and I am desperately seeking help. I am 50 years old (that is to put my question in a temporal context). When I was a little kid, about 7 or 8, so at the tail end of the 60s, I read part of a book the title of which I do NOT remember. All I remember is that it was about a scientist whose name began with an L (I think) and who went to a different world. He had a hammer and was able to do incredible damage with it. Sorry, that is ALL I remember. Any help is hugely appreciated. Oh, one more thing, as I recall, the book was in pretty bad shape when I was young as I think my older brothers and sister had had their turns reading it; going on this, the book might have been published any time from the mid 50s to the early 60s.
Thank you!
Saknussem

JimF
July 12th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Idon't know why but the Lensmen books by EE Doc Smith popped into my head when I read this, but it is probably not it.

Jim

Saknussem
July 12th, 2011, 11:18 AM
No, it wasn't the Lensmen series. This was a solo book, and the scientist/Dr. traveled somehow to a different world and I **sort** of remember there being a big bad guy he was MAYBE destined to fight, but that may be my own mind filling in gaps.