View Full Version : Short story question

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Saknussem
July 29th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Hey all!
I am looking for the title of a short story about a girl who meets a super intelligent horse (in this universe, many animals have been made intelligent to at least human level -- dogs, horses, etc). He offers to show her something wonderful in exchange for her making Earth a home for the animals. She is young, but becomes obsessed with this dream, becomes supra wealthy, finds old Earth, terraforms it (it's been destroyed ecologically), and turns it over to the animals. The wonderful thing the horse gave her was the poetry of his movement in allowing her to ride him. I know I MANGLED the plot -- sorry. I am on a HIGH dose of pain meds for a dislocated kneecap, and I am sort of wandering mentally. Thanks.
Sak

boris
September 11th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I am looking for the same story. Read it in a short story collection many years ago, so hoping that you found it.

boris
August 23rd, 2013, 12:12 PM
I am looking for the same story. Read it in a short story collection many years ago, so hoping that you found it.

"With Friends Like These" Alan Dean Foster - a collection of short stories

boris
August 23rd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Hey all!
I am looking for the title of a short story about a girl who meets a super intelligent horse (in this universe, many animals have been made intelligent to at least human level -- dogs, horses, etc). He offers to show her something wonderful in exchange for her making Earth a home for the animals. She is young, but becomes obsessed with this dream, becomes supra wealthy, finds old Earth, terraforms it (it's been destroyed ecologically), and turns it over to the animals. The wonderful thing the horse gave her was the poetry of his movement in allowing her to ride him. I know I MANGLED the plot -- sorry. I am on a HIGH dose of pain meds for a dislocated kneecap, and I am sort of wandering mentally. Thanks.
Sak

"With Friends Like these" Alan Dean Foster - a collection of short stories