PDA

View Full Version : Have you worked at a movie theater before?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

skyscan
September 5th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Since this is my first post I figure I'd tell you all a little bit about myself, while also (hopefully) starting a line of discussion.

I've been working at a movie theater for a little over half a year now. I first started simply because I liked watching movies and it seemed like an easy job. I sure was wrong, cleaning theaters is hectic. You're on a time limit, and you better not be late to clean theaters. Though, on chill days it was pretty cool just to hang around and watch parts of movies.

It seems now I've gained a certain skill at judging movies. I know within 1 or 2 scenes whether I'll like the movie or not, what kind of stereotype it'll fall into, and how it'll end. Maybe it's because I've seen so many endings now that I see how similar they all are. Or maybe the quality of movies are going down (I think so). I've been correct each time, I hated Conan, loved Captain America, and was "meh" from Harry Potter. I still haven't proven myself wrong yet. The Help was awesome, 30 minutes or less was stupid, Horrible Bosses I was embarrassed to laugh at but still did, etc. etc. I don't want to jump the gun so I end up watching each movie anyway (why not? its free), but none have changed my initial opinion so far.

Can you guys tell right away if you're going to like a movie or not? This doesn't even have to apply to movies. And the question I'm more interested in; Have you been wrong before? With which movie?

JimF
September 5th, 2011, 06:36 AM
If I don't think I'mgoing to like a movie I rarely go to it. An exception to this was the recent planet of the apes. I didn't want to see it, but based on so many good reviews I went anyway. Turns out I really liked it.

Jim

PS welcome to the boards.