PDA

View Full Version : 12 yr old telepath book

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

silentmum
October 7th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I am trying to remember the name/author of a book - one of the key characters was a 12 yr old 'poor' telepath who was discovered through a video camera translating several languages simultaneously - she was brought to teh rich area and given a wage which she spent on anything - she was then kidnapped and encased in foam? and her plea for help was heard by loads of telepaths and it was full of foul language. Also a key character was a psychic who forsaw who the 12 yr old would marry and also ends up pregnant but didn't see her own pregnancy. Possibly two authors - I was thinking McCaffery but don't recognise the story in her biblio. Can anyone help? This is driving me bonkers:eek:

Farragut
October 8th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Your first instinct was right--I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Anne McCaffrey's Pegasus in Flight, part of her Talent series. The multilingual telepathic girl is definitely in that book. I don't recall the rest of the plot (the foam thing you mentioned).

The series starts with a short story collection, To Ride Pegasus (published 1973), and then you have Pegasus in Flight (1990) and Pegasus in Space (2000) as two novels.

Also related to that universe are the Tower and the Hive series (The Rowan, Damia, Damia's Children, Lyon's Pride, and The Tower and the Hive). I think this second series takes place a long time after the Pegasus novels, though.