PDA

View Full Version : Another Book Name Please.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

chocky
August 23rd, 2002, 01:58 AM
I read a stand alone book about 15 years ago. It took lace in the future on multiple worlds. The central character (Mouse?) was on the run from the law. He escapes in spite of overwhelming odds on numerous occasions. A sort of mythos or legend builds up around the character by the end of the book.
It is definitely not Santiago by Mike Resnick or Nova by Delaney.
If any body has any ideas I would greatly appreciate them.:)

Hobbit
August 23rd, 2002, 05:42 PM
This one sounds nigglingly familiar, chocky, but still haven't got it yet... is there anything else you can remember? Are you sure the main character was called Mouse? Was it definitely SF?

chocky
August 23rd, 2002, 09:14 PM
Are you sure the main character was called Mouse? Was it definitely SF?
It was defintely SF. No, I am not sure about main characters name. Also, I remember he had some sort cybernetic implants that allowed him to hook directly to a computer.

estranghero
August 24th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Wizard's World by... Roger Zelazney?

Jon Shannow
August 26th, 2002, 01:37 AM
Stainless Steel Rat by Harry Harrison

Hobbit
August 26th, 2002, 05:12 AM
I thought Stainless Steel Rat too, Jon, but chocky says stand alone novel. I've got about half a dozen!

Hobbit
August 26th, 2002, 05:25 AM
But now I think more about it.....Mouse.....Rat.....doh! :D

It was the 'stand alone' that threw me.

Jon Shannow
August 26th, 2002, 09:35 PM
It threw me off as well but at the time it first came out the Stainless Steel Rat was a stand alone book it was several year before he started writing sequals.

And several more before he wrote Goes To Hell and At The Circus and stuffed up the series.

Hobbit
August 26th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Yes they are the two I haven't got...because i'd heard they are so awful...are they really that bad?

chocky
September 2nd, 2002, 03:05 PM
It was defintely not The Stainless Steel Rat. I know that series and I am a fan of it. Thanks anyhow. I am fairly certain it was a stand alone book.