PDA

View Full Version : Sojourn - any good?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

tpetty
August 24th, 2002, 10:22 AM
I rarely buy new comics anymore. I have rarely found a fantasy series that I like (exceptions being old ones, like Warlord.) I have flipped through a couple Sojourn comics at the store. The art looks nice - but is the story any good? I don't want to buy an "average" comic. Let me know if you think it's worth it. Thanks.

Keyoke
August 29th, 2002, 03:32 PM
I've read some of the Crossgen titles. I did read the first issue of that title, and it was alright.

Personally, if you want to read a quasi-fantasy comic book, pick up either Scion (Which is good), or The Path.

The Path I find to be excellent. The story takes place in the Crossgen's version of Japan.

Keyoke

Life
August 31st, 2002, 10:37 AM
tpetty--

I love Sojourn, I think it is an excellent read. Great story to go along with gorgeous art. But see for yourself. You can read the prequal issue at www.crossgen.com... click on the "free crossgen comics" link at the top.

:)

jjt
August 31st, 2002, 11:08 AM
Like Life .. I'm getting more and more into crossgen comics. Sort of a double treat .. the story appeals to my fantasy fan side .. the art to my comic fan side. :)

Good to see ya Life! :)

Life
August 31st, 2002, 10:25 PM
Hey jjt! Thanks. *wave*

;)

Thonoir
September 1st, 2002, 08:26 PM
I love Sojourn. Greg Land's art is amazing and very consistent (don't like the fill in artists but hey, can't have everything) and though the story is cliche, it's very well written and engaging. I think Sojourn is definately worth it if you're looking for a good, light read. If you want deep and meaningful, go elsewhere but for me this is definately one of the better books out there at the moment.