View Full Version : Help with movie name

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Keziah
August 24th, 2002, 01:14 PM
I watched this movie on TV about 10 years ago when i was 8 or 9 and i remember being absolutely captivated by it. I can't remember its name though and its been bugging me for the last 5 years or so.
Here is all i can remember about it - not much, hope someone can help me out.

It had aliens, i think they had a red glowy light thing aroung the area of their chest or stomach. I remember a kid running into the bush and findy a space ship? maybe? A parent running after what she thought was her kid and it turning out to be an alien. The only other thing i remeber apart from a few images is that i was alowed to stay up way past my bedtime to watch the end of it!

Thanks
Nac

dragondrool
August 24th, 2002, 02:44 PM
E.T.

athenix
August 25th, 2002, 02:20 AM
Steven Spielberg's E.T. I saw the re-issue in the theatre, and as I was already quite upset that day for various reasons, cried like a baby throughout. Quite an experience to see it in the theatre...

Keziah
August 25th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Thanks but definetly wasn't ET, i remeber ET very well, it could have started with C, possibly and all that stuff i remember about it may not be all that accurate.
oh well it will just haunt me till the end of my days i guess

Methion
August 25th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Maybe Close Encounters of the Third kind? not sure about the glowing aliens but there is a kid running in the bush with his mum chasing him.

Keziah
August 26th, 2002, 09:28 AM
A friend suggested the same movie to me, i got it out the other week and watched it but alas it wasn't the one.

Hobbit
August 26th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Batteries Not included?

sorry... batteries not included...

There was also that movie where the alien went around eating a meat based product from a wel-known Multinational....a most insidious piece of product placement. Can't remember the name though - any one else help out?

Eventine
August 26th, 2002, 10:03 AM
batteries not included

I loved that movie and based on the description given by Nac I wouldn't have suggested it at all.

I might have to look for it at the video store though...

Shimrod
August 29th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Battlestar Galactica perhaps? With the red glowing dot as an eye for the cyborgs.

Kitt, the car of Knight Rider, also has a red glowing dot but although David Hasselhoff is close to be an alien I won't bet on it........ ;)

Oh btw, the little boy running off was the son of Apollo and grandson of the famous Lorne Green

kegasaurus
August 29th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Didi it have computer games in it?