View Full Version : favorite fantasy movie

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Pamela
August 24th, 2002, 10:56 PM
What is everyone’s favorite fantasy movie?
I know that the LOTR is going to be a big one so if the LOTR is your fav what’s you second fav?

Mine is ‘The Dark Crystal’. If you are a fan of fantasy then you have to see ‘The Dark Crystal’. I haven’t seen ‘Willow’ in years but I think I remember liking that one too.

so come on whats your fav?

Miriamele
August 24th, 2002, 11:27 PM
The Crow would definitely have to be my favourite (yes, it is labelled as fantasy on the back of the case). I think Brandon Lee was perfect for the part of Eric Draven. And I love how the movie is so dark and violent, and yet at its core is a love story.

Fellowship of the Ring is my second favourite fantasy movie.

Cygnus
August 25th, 2002, 12:55 AM
I like the light hearted kid's stuff mostly. My favorite would probably be The NeverEnding Story, followed closely by Willow. The Dark Crystal is great also. I know the 13th Warrior isn't fantasy, but it really has that feel to it, so I'll just sneak it in too! I'll reserve judgement about LOTR until I can watch all three in one sitting!

Gagged Man
August 25th, 2002, 03:34 AM
Uhh, does "Alice in Wonderland" count as fantasy? Saw it when I was little but it had a new meaning for me when I found out it could be a metaphor for a Lewis Carroll LSD trip...

City Of Lost Children (French movie) is very dark but I liked that as well.

isajeep
August 25th, 2002, 04:00 AM
Willow when I was young, I wonder if I'd still like it as much now.

kassimir funk
August 25th, 2002, 04:04 AM
Does no one remember Dragonslayer? Great, great, great movie.

Oh, oh, oh.... how about Krull?

enazwo
August 25th, 2002, 05:41 AM
Yeah Funk

I do remember well "Dragonslayer". It was discussed on the "Reign of Fire" thread.

I personally feel that "Dragonslayer" is by the best Dragon movie to date.

Giving a quick nod to LotR, I will mention "The Princess Bride" "Lady Hawke" "Conan the Barbarian" "The Dark Crystal"
"Beauty and the Beast" and the animated "Fire and Ice"

Holbrook
August 25th, 2002, 06:22 AM
I know the 13th Warrior isn't fantasy

Oh yes it is Cygnus, so much so it gives most historians an attack of the twitches.....

chocky
August 25th, 2002, 06:51 AM
I like Legend. I don't think it is a great movie but I love how they did the demon darkness.

Flammenweber
August 25th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Fellowship of the ring
Willow
Conan the Barbarian
Robin Hood - King of thieves (not exactly fantasy, but almost)