PDA

View Full Version : Who is really serious about writing?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Giroth
August 25th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Who plans to try and publish their books, and who just writes for the fun of it?
I know for the first question, you can say that you still write for fun, but I mean who is really serious about it???:confused:

Holbrook
August 25th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Me!

juzzza
August 25th, 2002, 12:32 PM
And me...

Miriamele
August 25th, 2002, 12:37 PM
Me too, but for now it's just a pipe dream...I can't seem to get my act together...I have an excuse though, and she's three years old! :)

choppy
August 25th, 2002, 01:06 PM
I'm definitely serious about my writing. I know that because I write, not specifically with the intention that I will be published, but with the intention that others will read my work.

Solaar
August 25th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Me too! Some day, me and Holbrook shall rule the world...

Solaar
wants to be king...
...Holbrook can be queen...

Shef
August 25th, 2002, 07:21 PM
I'm serious about my writing. I have not really seeked publication as of yet, but I am getting involved with contests and such for practice with word limits and deadlines. Time conquers all, however, and one day I shall write a book. Then another day I will write one that is publishable. :)

manticore
August 26th, 2002, 12:18 AM
almost everyone who posts on this board, i guess. me certainly.

the thing is, actually writing your book/story is the easiest and most enjoyable part. which is sad. the rest is scary.

kegasaurus
August 26th, 2002, 12:33 AM
I guess I'm the exception here.

I have two novel length stories, that will never be read in my lifetime, another half written book that ends with blah blah blah blah blah adn a multitude of short stories that end with me personally coming into the story and killing off the character.

I write becasue I find pleasure in it and being selfish and having an extremely fragile ego, I decided long ago that my stories were a personal thing for me.

estranghero
August 26th, 2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by kegasaurus
I guess I'm the exception here.

I have two novel length stories, that will never be read in my lifetime, another half written book that ends with blah blah blah blah blah adn a multitude of short stories that end with me personally coming into the story and killing off the character.

I write becasue I find pleasure in it and being selfish and having an extremely fragile ego, I decided long ago that my stories were a personal thing for me.

Are you sure you're not Robert Jordan in real life? :D

(And just so you know, I like WOT and will continue reading it... even if kegasaurus does come into the storyline and personally kill Rand. :p :D :rolleyes: :cool: )