View Full Version : superman and the watchmen

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

DarkShad3-0w
November 16th, 2011, 07:33 PM
so i was randomly wondering about what would happen if (and it probably already happened) if the DC comics ended up fighting the Watchmen, well only the three main characters of each. Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman <VS> Doctor Manhattan,
Rorschach, and the Comedian. please leave your comment.

Beezdeep
November 16th, 2011, 10:35 PM
The Comedian would smack the poop out of Wonder Woman!

saintjon
November 17th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Doc Manhattan solos all three with ease while Rorschach bugs the Comedian for an autograph.

Chuffalump
November 17th, 2011, 06:34 PM
It's possible that Superman could pull something out of the bag but I suspect not. Doc Manhattan would walk it on his own. If he decided to fight. He might just leave the rest of them to it and go off for a mope somewhere. In which case Superman would win.

DarkShad3-0w
November 18th, 2011, 08:50 AM
personally i think that even if Dr. Manhattan did leave the fight rorchach would be able to take out batman and wonderwoman, and both the comedian and rorchach would have a hard time taking superman out; but they did come from a darker place so they would try to kill him, not arrest him, which is a lot easier

saintjon
November 19th, 2011, 09:27 AM
I disagree Wonderwoman would own those two easily and Batman could beat either of them one on one. Batman has beaten villains that would give Spiderman trouble, the Watchmen haven't; and Wonderwoman would be a superhero fighting two skilled humans. As lopsided as the Doc makes things the other two are outclassed by their main continuity counterparts.

Loerwyn
November 19th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Which Superman are we going with? Which Batman?

And, as for Wonder Woman, I don't know. She can kick plenty of backside.

DarkShad3-0w
November 19th, 2011, 06:31 PM
well. though i agree that all of them could fight, and i would not want to be on the bad side of any, the fact is that the Watchmen don't care about killing for justice, actually they go out of their way to kill. the Superman team have rules batman especially, not to kill only to arrest which would give the Watchmen a huge advantage.
Also Spider-man is not the best superhero ever, just like one step above Owl-man (watchmen) and one below the Wonder Twins. Most other heroes would beat his Villains easy; and they have to deal with so much more they had to deal with RONALD REAGAN for an extra 4 years, had to fight in the Vietnam war and even had to try to defeat the Smartest man in the world, and that's just in the movie.

Loerwyn the Justice League of America superman (not the Justice society), and that batman. in other words the more current guys.

saintjon
November 20th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Spiderman isn't the best superhero but he rules "street level" (ie non-flying Superman type stuff). Seriously. The guy has the most comprehensive power set for team-fighting, fighting solo enemies, Spidey is a beast who can do it all.

When I say that Batman has beaten villains that would give Spidey problems that is no small thing since Batman is a human (a peak human to be fair) and Spidey has a plethora of nifty powers at his disposal.

To say Spidey's villains are easy to beat... really? Carnage? Sandman? Without the Doc the Watchmen would last a about a minute and a half against crazy **** like that.

You sound like you're arguing which story is better, I would go with the Watchmen by that standard also. But the fact is there is NO version of Batman I've ever seen who wouldn't mop up the floor with Rorschach due to superior training, superior gadgets, superior physique and miles more experience (okay maybe when he was older than **** in Batman Beyond I could make an exception). Comedian doesn't really measure up as anything special against the small army of Batman victims out there. Wonderwoman is a superhuman, plain and simple (a really skilled one at that) I have a comic upstairs I read the other day written the writer of Watchmen where she takes on Mongul (albeit a losing battle for her) and all Batman and Robin can do is get out of the way while the two of them wreck up the place. The willingness to kill argument is moot since Batman has been dominating killers and deviants his entire career and his mental fortitude is beyond reproach (not so in the case of the Watchmen however, mature storytelling bites them in the ass on that one).

Furthermore if we're specifying Justice League Batman then it's even more strongly in his favour because the level of tech the writers give him just to be relevant hanging out with the Justice League is nothing short of ridiculous.

Listen Watchmen have the win because of Doc Manhatten but if you take out him and Superman then Rorschach and the Comedian are taking a hard fall in this scenario. Batman and Green Arrow would be a much more balanced matchup but even then I believe Batman would carry the day.

Seak
November 20th, 2011, 12:28 AM
I read somewhere, and I have no idea how true it is, but that Rorschach was an alternate world Batman. If so, it makes that combo pretty even.