PDA

View Full Version : MST3k

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Jack Burton
August 26th, 2002, 05:27 PM
I'm in a spamming mood today!! Does anyone here enjoy the best comedy show that was on television---EVER!!!!!! It is on the SCi-Fi channel here in the States on Saturdays at 0900 a.m...i know it is all reuns now, but I can watch these episodes over and over. The most recent repeat had Mike and the 'bots ripping apart 'Quest of The Delta Knights" a poorly done Fantasy 'epic' starring the venerable actor David Warner!!!!! check it out if you have not done so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cygnus
August 27th, 2002, 06:46 PM
You RULE!!! I absolutely adore MST3K! Both the Joel & the Mike versions. I have a lot of the episodes on tape because I just can't make myself get up at 9am on a Saturday! My heart was broken when they decided to end the show, but 10 years is a pretty darn good run!

My fav's include: Pod People, Mitchell, most of the Conan ones, and Manos: Hands of Fate (I'm pretty sure this is the worst movie I have ever seen!).

This show serves as my own personal anti-depressant. I watched my MST3K tapes a lot following Sept 11th.. they served as a great escape from reality!

Jack Burton
August 28th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Hey, great minds think alike!!!! I work nights and quite a few weekends, so when I get home, sometimes I catch the re-runs to de-stress from the night before!!!!! I enjoy Mike and Joel--personal fav leaning towards Mike era--but Mitchell is one of my all time favorites!! Ripping apart the bloated Joe Don Baker is king!!!!

Lifino
August 28th, 2002, 10:35 AM
I heard a radio interview just this morning, with one of the guys who played one of the robots. I had to stay in bed an extra twenty minutes to hear the whole thing... He's doing publicity for a book he wrote.

Apparently he spent a year going to at least a movie a day. It sounded like he did a LOT of traveling with the project, he was all over the U.S. He got past security at CANNs to see a movie, he went to an all Ice theater... Sounds really neat.

He was the round headed dude.

Pretty funny interview too. He sounded like the kind of guy you'd want to take down to the pub and toss back a few with...

If your big MST3K fans I'd say go check out the book!