PDA

View Full Version : Cyborg novels in general.

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Sirius
December 4th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Hi, first time posters here. Just looking for suggestions about novels about cyborgs. Anything and everything really. Doing some light reasearch for my third novel and was just curious about what kind of books on cyborgs are out there from any decade. Thanks!

algernoninc
December 4th, 2011, 05:03 AM
how about the classics? Do Andoids Dream of Electric Sheep, Caves of Steel, The Naked Sun.
Something more recent : The Wind-up Girl by Paolo Bagicalupi or The Alchemy of Stone by Ekaterina Sedia (the last one is more of a steampunk / fantasy version for a cyborg).

Sirius
December 4th, 2011, 05:07 AM
how about the classics? Do Andoids Dream of Electric Sheep, Caves of Steel, The Naked Sun.
Something more recent : The Wind-up Girl by Paolo Bagicalupi or The Alchemy of Stone by Ekaterina Sedia (the last one is more of a steampunk / fantasy version for a cyborg).

Sorry should have meantioned i have Do Adroids Dream, and the Robot series is not about cyborgs, (i also own that).
No steampunk please for gods sake! lol.

Steven L Jordan
December 4th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Continuing with the classics vein, Martin Caidin's Cyborg, the basis for The Six Million Dollar Man. Also Frederick Pohl's Man Plus and Mars Plus, both very good (Man Plus is better). The first is about an astronaut turned into a cyborg to lead the first mission to Mars, and the sequel covers the years after man has colonized Mars, with other cyborgs joining the first.

Beyond that, do you have any interest in Manga? There's a lot of cyborg material there, Ghost In The Shell and Appleseed in particular.