PDA

View Full Version : collaborating to write a story/book

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pamela
August 28th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Have you guys ever considered collaborating to write a story/book through a thread? I have read a lot of the spamming that takes place now and then and have come to realize that you all have imaginations worthy of this.

I, however, am not gifted in this area so I am at a loss when it comes to beginning this story/book.

Does anyone have any ideas – if so type a couple of lines/paragraphs to start everyone off.

and then some one can make a reply that would add to the story. And then some one else can add to that and so on…….

Rob B
August 28th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Pamela:

This is a really good idea. We had a pretty good couple of collaborative stories going about a year or two ago, though they were in the Writing forum. I'm moving this topic to that forum where it should get the love and attention it deserves.

Ladijen
August 28th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Hi Pamela! There is an ongoing story here already--look under "group story" and "group story discussion." It's a bit slow moving right now because people are on vacation or (in my case, at least) have too much other work to do. You would be welcome to play with us, if you want to! :)

Pamela
August 28th, 2002, 04:48 PM
Thanks Ladijen. I'll take the time to read the group story but unfortunately I am not exactly gifted with the skill of writing….. I’m more of a reader.

An8el
August 30th, 2002, 04:32 AM
In that case Pamela, could you post in the group story discussion thread and give us feedback about how the story affects you as a reader?
Of course, any comments that anyone has are inspirational and interesting to hear. Write any impressions you have. If you need some questions to get you going....
What do you wonder about so far?
What did we forget to write about yet?
What do you think the three main characters think of each other's skills and abilities so far?

...even if it's just more questions.