PDA

View Full Version : A gripe

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

kegasaurus
August 29th, 2002, 04:23 PM
I just want to ask all those people who put their stories up to be reviewed, would they please review the stories of others here. A lot of you do, and even if its a line or two, I'm sure the writer would be extremeyl grateful to:

1. Get some feedback to improve themselves, and
2. Know their work is being read.

I just don't believe that people should take advantage of a service they are not willing to reciprocate.

Feel free to lambast me, but I believe it is only fair.

Holbrook
August 29th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Well I have done four or five in the past two weeks, but of the last bunch to go up not many have started a thread asking folks to review.

I try and read as many as I can, but unless folks ask what am I supposed to do? Start a thread doing a crit that might not be welcomed.....

Miriamele
August 29th, 2002, 06:19 PM
I'm with Holbrook, I've reviewed almost every story whose author has asked to have it reviewed...most people don't ask though.

I wonder who writes all those stories who are posted here?

I know how much I appreciated people's careful reviews of my story, so I try to review as many others as I can.

:)

Gagged Man
August 29th, 2002, 10:42 PM
How do we ask for reviews?
I said I wanted some feedback in the byline to a story I submitted but didn't relly get anything til I came to the forums asking someone to have a peek.
I just want to know the procedure so I can ask properly next time.

Also, if we want to make a comment should we start a new topic on the Writer's board or send an e-mail to the author? I've read a few stories that I feel are good, but don't know what to do.

Thanks,
Gagged Man

Erebus
August 29th, 2002, 11:43 PM
If you would like folk here to comment on a story, by all means post a link to it here at the Writing forums. Conversely, if you would like to comment on a story, see if there is already an open thread for it here, or start one if not. Also, you can submit comments at the end of each story as well as rate them. Hope this helps. :)

Pirate Jenn
August 31st, 2002, 12:48 AM
I tend to review at the end of stories (under the feedback) when I read--even if it's just a few lines. But, then, I haven't submitted anything, either...