PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know this alien abduction book?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

NeonKnight
August 30th, 2002, 10:43 PM
It starts with a guy who walks into a trendy bar and nightclub he's never noticed before! There's many gorgeous females going inside so naturally our hero goes in too. He is having a great time when all of a sudden the whole bar turns into an alien spaceship and blasts off into hyperspace, where the aliens proceed to wreak havoc on their new human 'pets'.

I know it sounds like a I had a few too many that night, but I really did read this book!:p I took it out of the library years ago, and I would really enjoy finding it again, but I really have no clue.

Any guesses?:cool:

Llama
September 3rd, 2002, 12:03 AM
John Shirley's A SPLENDID CHAOS, which is a splendid chaos, starts out that way. Sort of.

NeonKnight
September 3rd, 2002, 12:15 AM
Llama: :D

Many thanks, I do believe you've got it!
starts out that way. Sort of.

It's been a very long time since I read it, so I'm sure I've got some details wrong, but it seems as if the general plotline is correct.

A Splendid Chaos a memory can be indeed!:confused:

NeonKnight
October 4th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Thanks to Llama , I was able to get A Splendid Chaos from the library and it was a very splendid read! The aliens Mr. Shirley dreams up in this book are so unique. Not perfect by any stretch, but still a good read with some very interesting takes on perception and even film-making!

7 "Twists" out of a possible 10!:D