View Full Version : Star Wars the Phantom Menace in 3D

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Hobbit
February 2nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
We're about a fortnight away from this being released.

What do people think?

I'm going to use this link as a prompt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T69ftWNg97U

IMO Picture-wise, it looks great: voice over dialogue, oh dear....

Does this confirm people's fears or make it worth watching (possibly again.)?

Mark

saintjon
February 2nd, 2012, 08:05 PM
Never been thrilled with 3d and I'm surprised Lucas is willing to remind people about Episode 1 at all. I love that there's a Star Wars movie where Liam Neeson is a jedi master but man there are some real issues in that flick.

CarlAlves
February 7th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I'm looking forward to taking my seven year old son Max to see it. He's watched all of the Star Wars movies except Revenge of the Sith. It should be pretty cool.
Carl Alves

Banger
February 8th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Count me in only if Lucas has edited the film so that it is now just two straight hours of Darth Maul light saber duels.

Corporal Blues
February 8th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Count me in only if Lucas has edited the film so that it is now just two straight hours of Darth Maul light saber duels.

Agreed, that movie had waaay too much Jar Jar and pod racing.

saintjon
February 8th, 2012, 09:34 PM
I didn't mind the pod-racing actually.

kahnovitch
February 14th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Never been thrilled with 3d and I'm surprised Lucas is willing to remind people about Episode 1 at all.

Ditto. Apart from Darth Maul it was the *comic book guy voice* "Worse Star Wars movie EVER!"

I'm sure we've all wanted to reach into the screen and wring Jar-Jar's pencil neck, or slap Mannequin Skywalker, or poke Qui Gonn in the eye for his epic fails (worst Jedi Master EVER) but it's still not enough incentive to sit through it again.

Daddy Darth
February 14th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I am looking forward to taking my kids to see it on the big screen - in 3D no less! Yes, even with Jar Jar. Thing is my kids think he's great so what can you do. I am jazzed to see the OT with them the most though. Too bad we have to wait.

FuzionFilmz
March 6th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Never been thrilled with 3d and I'm surprised Lucas is willing to remind people about Episode 1 at all. I love that there's a Star Wars movie where Liam Neeson is a jedi master but man there are some real issues in that flick.

My real question is, how many different versions of these films do we need?

PeteMC
March 7th, 2012, 07:35 AM
I still don't understand why we need 3D films at all to be honest, never mind another remake of this one which was, to be blunt, utter shite the first time round anyway. Ah well, I suppose the kids like it.