PDA

View Full Version : What are you working on?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

juzzza
September 1st, 2002, 04:56 PM
Okay writers (published ones too, if you can).

Tell us a bit about what you are working on right now. Its length, a summary of the story, the main characters and your aspirations for the work.

GO........

Holbrook
September 1st, 2002, 05:21 PM
How long have you got....

I will not put too much detail as they are working manuscripts and things can change at a drop of a hat.

Only one has a complete and edited first chapter. That is "Phantoms of the Heart." The second in the Weeping Lands series, Jack and Albert's adventures , which began in "The Hat Man"

Tapestry, a very nasty Faerie story.

The Bitterness of Mulicifer, a story about love, hate, revenge and parting.

Without and Within, an alternate world story, which could go two ways.... funny(Bridget Jones) or deadly serious.... Much of what was written yesterday has been altered and added too.

Time out of Sequence, this is a working title and I can't speak much about it as it will be a collaboration with a friend and fellow writer. It is a historial fiction with a slight fantasy twist.

Forge's Heart, the life and loves of a very special bladesmith.

Earth and Fire, a short high fantasy story about the making of a sword....

If I get a nibble on "The Hat Man" then "Phantoms of the Heart" will get bumped, but at the moment I am working on "Without and Within" though if the mood takes me Mulicifer or Tapestry...

I also have a couple of articles to write....

All this might mean I disappear for a day or two from the forums....:eek:

Gagged Man
September 1st, 2002, 08:54 PM
I seem to be in a Western kinda mood recently (too much Peckinpah, maybe) buit I'm working about a few near future tales with that kind of theme. Y'know, mean spirits and cold hearts with little karmic re-distribution, no happy endings etc.

Aww, now I'm depressed, everyone needs a happy ending:D

Forrest
September 1st, 2002, 09:54 PM
I'm writing a love story that starts out on earth present day but generally takes place in space.

It's about a 19 year old engineering student named Enriel Good who falls in love with a woman from space named Nara Skylar. Its kind of a long story but there's a really cool bad guy named Sid Lucian that they have to fight. Its fun to write. I hope it turns out well.:)

milamber_reborn
September 2nd, 2002, 02:18 AM
A short story entitled Alone. A soldier, detached from his squad is fighting alien humanoids until reinforcements from the New Earth, Artros arrive. Kill or be killed.

helenf
September 2nd, 2002, 09:51 AM
I'm working of a mostly fantasy (but with aspects of science fiction) novel called Starcross. Although it's all plotted out yet I've only written the prologue and first couple of chapters so far. It's standaloneish in that the main story is resolved but there are threads that could be picked up in other books. Ideally I'd like to be able to write lots of books in the same universe - including fantasy and science fiction.

Without giving too much away it's about a girl who is the only one on her planet who doesn't have any magical powers. She travels across the world to try and find out about her past/her family. In doing so she stumbles across the true history of her planet - that all her people once lived on another world - earth, but were transported away by (elf-like) aliens who want to use them for their own plans.

However above story is likely to change at any moment.

Depending on what day of the week it is I'm also working on a handful of SF/F short stories and a couple of children's books.

That's me!

Helen

manticore
September 2nd, 2002, 11:11 AM
am working on nothing. busy sulking because publishers arent responding.

will write again a month later or so. no good ideas at present either

Bardos
September 2nd, 2002, 11:30 AM
I'm writing a 1st person POV (diary style), about a young noble woman who gets herself mixed up in a weird situation and ends up in a nearby prison-island. A priestess gets her out of there and leads her into the main (and only) temple of the port-city, in order to teach her the lessons of the Gods of Flame and become a pristess too. But there are those in the temple who want to destroy her, for they fill their power threated by her quick way of learning and her (rumored) divine origins.

Asraloth
September 3rd, 2002, 01:17 AM
i've just recently finished the first draft of my first fantasy novel, entitled "Kindred." It came in at a solid 130,000 words and i think finished too abruptly. I haven't got around to editing it yet. It is the first part of a five part series. This first book is more a story of survival than a search for a magical artifact. The main character speaks the languages of all the races of his world and is supposedly destined to unite the peoples with this talent.

but i haven't started editing that because i've all of a sudden came up with a new idea for another novel. It is tentatively titled "The Destiny Sphere" and is set in a fantasy world based on the Roman Empire. It is about a rogue general's desire to find the Destiny Sphere, an item of great power from a place called the Veiled Isle. He does not undertake this journey for any noble cause, only because he was kicked out of the army and wants to know power again.

He is helped by a nympho Spellstress (no, this character is not as trashy as she sounds), a vampire prince and a host of brigands. I can't believe how quickly this story is growing. I started it a week ago and i'm already beyond the hundred page mark.

I love writing.

Kirby
September 3rd, 2002, 02:41 AM
A book about a (fictional) species, heavy on illustration accompaniments.
Hopefully. (I have done much, but still have much to do.)
Currently editor hunting.
:)