PDA

View Full Version : Team Kit or Team Josey (SPOILERS! For all three books!)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Loerwyn
February 22nd, 2012, 04:57 PM
This started a while back on Twitter, and anyone who follows me will know I go on about Team Kit. Lemme explain for those who don't know.

Caim's got the two love interests - Kit and Josey. Kit's the ethereal playful girl, Josey's the orphan(?)-turned-Empress. Just as Meyer's controversial Twilight series has two teams, it ended up with Jon's series also having two - Kit and Josey. I think the idea of Team Kit and Team Josey came about when discussing t-shirts, but it's been a while :p

I'm, personally, on Team Kit - She's fun, hilarious, arguably the second most important character in the series, and her optimistic outlook both compliments and contrasts that of Caim.

Why don't I like Josey? Well, she does that schoolgirl crush thing on Caim. She'd be the kind of girl following him around like a bad smell. He cares for her, sure, but I think she likes him a little too much considering that they didn't know each other for long. Her obsession (as it were) with him grates with me a little, at times bordering on a little creepy. Caim's got his own baggage and she has a world to rebuild, as it were, yet all she can do is go "Oh, Caim, where is my letter?"

So yes, #TeamKit representing :D

Jon Sprunk
February 22nd, 2012, 05:04 PM
Out of respect to both ladies, I will deign to choose a team. But I will say that it has tickled me to no end that you've invested so much thought into this subject, Loerwyn.

If it makes any difference, Mrs. Sprunk is definitely on Team Kit, too.

Seak
February 22nd, 2012, 05:10 PM
This was a tough one for me. I really like Josey, especially from her showing in Shadow's Lure...but I'm definitely leaning toward Team Kit. She's just fun and gets on Caim's nerves half the time. :)

#teamkit

Loerwyn
February 23rd, 2012, 04:19 AM
If it makes any difference, Mrs. Sprunk is definitely on Team Kit, too.
Awesome :D

N. E. White
March 11th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Okay, I'm in Josey's camp.

Team Josey All the Way!

I'm only half way through Shadow's Lure (damn, Caim can fight), so I will remove myself for further discussions so you all don't spoil things for me. But I'll be back!

Lethalador
March 21st, 2012, 06:53 AM
Team Josey All the Way!

:) Team Josey aswell

N. E. White
March 23rd, 2012, 06:41 PM
:) Team Josey aswell

Yes! Now I have someone with whom to talk smack about Kit (awkward sentence, I know). I can't stand her. Has anyone noticed that when she might be the most useful, she's gone or can't do anything?

Josey, on the other hand, seems to be doing well in her circumstances and actually learning how to be a queen, though I think she's using Hubert as a crutch a little too much (love Hubert!).

I couldn't care less who Caim ultimately shacks up with, either is fine, but I'm rooting for Josey to stitch the realm back together. She can do it!

Loerwyn
March 24th, 2012, 04:30 AM
Yes! Now I have someone with whom to talk smack about Kit (awkward sentence, I know). I can't stand her. Has anyone noticed that when she might be the most useful, she's gone or can't do anything?
That's kinda the point of her :p

If she was around all the time, life would just be a cakewalk for Caim. She's almost like a literal deus ex machina, so I think Sprunk had to limit her influence in order to keep Caim doing things for himself.

Lethalador
March 29th, 2012, 04:02 AM
@Tmso and @Loerwyn

to be fair you do need to read the 3rd book towards the back(not saying anything more to not spoil anything ;) )

EXCEPT that Hubert get engaged to Anastasia:eek:

Jon Sprunk
March 30th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Regarding Kit/Caim/Josey, I have a question for all of you. Well, actually two questions.

(A) Do you think Caim is a misogynist jerk?

(B) Do you think Josey is a doormat?