PDA

View Full Version : BAD animes to mention

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

saintjon
September 4th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Yeah, so I figure there are at least 6 good anime threads floating around in these forums, figured I'd start a bad one.

I'll start the list with the crappiest of them all: Getter Robo. So terrible it makes an Ed Wood flick look like... well... a good movie.

Examples: In an early scene of the first episode some guys are talking nervously about one of the main characters, Ryoga.

"Isn't this guy a convicted murderer?"
"Yeah, but the guy he killed came back so now they want him to finish the job."

Later on in the show, when Ryoga confronts this villain who's back from the dead, there is no explanation of how he came back, nor is there some denial that he was dead in the first place, which is pretty hilarious.

In about two episodes the series devolves into an absolute dungheap of impossible (and always unexplained) plot twists, some of which have no bearing whatsoever on the story, enemies who start of impossible to kill and get tougher as the show goes on and a piece of unintentional comic brilliance named Go who flies around in his Getter telling the others in soothing tones that they have to "be calm. Cultivate the inner peace. Trust in the power of Getter." Then, every time he does anything, especially fighting monsters, he screaming at the top of his lungs like a total psycho.

This shows only redeeming quality is that it's good for some laughs, like watching cheesy old ninja movies.

swampfaye
September 4th, 2002, 04:39 PM
bad anime is so bad, no one will remember the name of the show. I think you can spot bad anime by #1 - the hero or heroine are envious of their best friends "bust size" or prowess with women
#2 - men watching attractive scantily clad or naked women break into spontaneous nose bleeds - someone explain this to me?

#3 - you can't remember the name of the show as soon as it leaves your vcr/dvd player

Gagged Man
September 4th, 2002, 09:35 PM
I remember some bad anime I've seen (unfortunately). The worst would have to be Street Fighter & Tekken (oh, the stench still remains:D )

saintjon
September 6th, 2002, 01:56 PM
When you say Street Fighter are you talking about V or the full-length feature (animated), cuz I thought the full-length was pretty sweet.

lol so true Swampfaye. After seeing Getter Robo I think I would add some entries to your list.

Gagged Man
September 7th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Yeah, it was probably V, though I can't really remember anything except that it stank.

Shanoncia
September 7th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Forgive my ignorance but what is anime? I can't make sense of this thread...:confused:

Dakel
September 7th, 2002, 09:57 PM
anime = Japanese animation :)

Shanoncia
September 7th, 2002, 11:17 PM
Oooooooh! Like your avatar! :)