PDA

View Full Version : HBO's Game of Thrones Season Two [SPOILERS for EVERYTHING ASOIAF!!]

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Luya Sevrein
April 24th, 2012, 12:53 AM
In the beggining scene, I thought they were going to go with some Beric or some Nymeria, but eh. Grey Wind outta' nowhere was awesome.

Craving my Sandor/Sansa scenes, or some build up in some way or minor characters. They finished seven minutes early, and that was with the rediculously long recap before the titles. FILL IT IN, PEOPLE. >D

By the way, I'm sure that doctor is supposed to be Jayne. She was cast as such? I think they're either playing her as the rebel who runs around healing men on battlefields for NO APPARENT REASON, or just a foreign girl, not a Westerling, for... again, no apparent reason.

Robb is not DUMB enough to do that, I'm sorry. His choice was a little dumb, but he was made to feel safe by her nobility and the stupid promises of her relatives. If he knows enough to out smart Tywin, and not trade Jaime for his own sisters despite the emotion involved, I'm not believing he's going to up and bed some complete randomer.

Loerwyn
April 24th, 2012, 02:12 AM
Quibble time: I think they've made a mistake with the casting of the new Mountain. He is so much less impressive in sheer threatening physical bulk then the last guy. Pity.
Where was he? Everyone's mentioning him and I overlooked (pun semi-intended) him.

Luya Sevrein
April 24th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Where was he? Everyone's mentioning him and I overlooked (pun semi-intended) him.

I guess that's the problem.

;D

kged
April 24th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Remember the tall spindly guy who did the choosing of the victims? That's him.

Werthead
April 24th, 2012, 06:11 AM
IIRC, this is a reference to Stannis being technically 'reborn' on Dragonstone as a follower of the Lord of Light (presumably in the ceremony on the beach where he first drew Lightbringer).

My heart lurched when they went back to her and Robb, who was clearly taken by her (and why not) - I had a horrible feeling she was going to turn out to be Jeyne, remade as a sort of boil-in-the-bag feisty action hero girl. I was greatly pleased that she wasn't. She was a very striking cameo, though - I wonder if we'll see her again?

Er.

She's either Jeyne in disguise, or a totally new character who has replaced Jeyne as Robb's love interest.

saintjon
April 24th, 2012, 06:31 AM
My fiancee and I did not care for that chick at all. At the start of the scene it was like, "Oh this is kind of neat." and by the end I was like, "What a pain in the ass." Robb isn't exactly a man without problems so it was grating to me how she just kept chirping at him. The proof of how wrong she is to berate him like that is in the pudding of the harsh fate that would befall her if she tried that line with Tywin Lannister, Roose Bolton, Balon Greyjoy... LOL Khal Drogo...

Daddy Darth
April 24th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Holy F! Just watched ep 4 last night. So good. What a way to leave you hanging with scary shadow baby being born. I was cringing at the scene where the rat was used to torture the poor victims while the questioner asked his questions (can't recall his name). The intensity of this season keeps amping up with each episode. Rob is quite a dashing and commanding figure but all I can think of is the Red Wedding. More please, sir!

AuntiePam
April 24th, 2012, 11:57 AM
I liked her -- Jeyne or Alisa or whatever her name is. She made a good point, asking Robb what happens when his war is over. Everybody just gets to go home? It's something he obviously hasn't thought about. Typical of people who start wars with no end game in mind.

Robb's definitely interested. He did that squinty thing with his eyes that people do when they're appraising someone.

But I didn't see anyone driving the cart. The horse (or ox or whatever) just knows where to go next?

kged
April 24th, 2012, 06:15 PM
She's either Jeyne in disguise, or a totally new character who has replaced Jeyne as Robb's love interest.
Oh, Hell. My feelings have been re-horribled. I mean, she was a good strong character at first glance, and certainly worth glancing at, but I don't think it's overstating it to describe the whole Jeyne business as pivotal. Where are they going? Unless she IS Jeyne, playing at being a sparky rebellious free spirit on the battlefield, in which case I'm going to fly to the States and slap the person who decide to do turn her into such a dismal archetype. Slap them good.

Palfrey
April 24th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Was it just me, or did Davos seem a tad underwhelmed when Melissandre gave birth to her "shadow?" You'd expect him to be gaping.

I sure didn't remember Joffrey's whore-beating scene from the books. But I think I understand why they added it.

I loved the Dany vs. The Thirteen scene; it had some great dialogue. Who was the actor who did most of the talking for The Thirteen?

I also loved how Arya kept her cool when Tywin called her out for being a girl... that's Arya.