PDA

View Full Version : HBO's Game of Thrones Season Two [SPOILERS for EVERYTHING ASOIAF!!]

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

saintjon
May 8th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I would think that being raised by Ned would make you a far more willing and adept headsman than not being raised by him. Believe me, in a different context Jon can be downright brutal when he needs to be.

Loerwyn
May 8th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I would think that being raised by Ned would make you a far more willing and adept headsman than not being raised by him. Believe me, in a different context Jon can be downright brutal when he needs to be.
I don't doubt that, but he spends too much time standing around looking like a kicked puppy. Half of his problems exist because he's so bloody useless.

Palfrey
May 8th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Again, I think the problem is that they're quite sure that the t.v. audience can't handle certain things about female characters.

I'm quite sure that all characters are simplified somewhat when a story is translated from the page to the screen. Considering only the show, I can't think of a single character that doesn't fit into some kind of stereotype.

But more importantly, are pretty much all Dany's retinue dead now? That changes things significantly.

The riot scene was brilliant. So was Arya/Tywin/Baelish - even though I knew what was going to happen, I could still feel Arya's fear of being discovered.

I wonder if the show is going to follow the book in terms of what happens between Jon and Qorhin, or if they aren't going to meet up again. They haven't really laid the groundwork for what happens in the book.

kged
May 8th, 2012, 01:52 PM
The odd light is because that's how Iceland looks at that time of yearIf this is accurate, then I want a damned good explanation of why I don't live there. There's something in that soft gloomy light that is just bewitching.

and THE DRAGONS CRYINGYou heard that too? Then I wasn't imagining it - they really did sound like babies in distress. That was a very powerful sound effect, I found it rather upsetting.

Even more upsetting: I hate to be the one to say it, but there are now more episodes of this season behind us than ahead of us. Damn it. Any word on season 3 yet?

saintjon
May 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I remember Werthead saying the show was picked up again awhile ago, I think after the second episode or something like that.

Evil Agent
May 8th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I hate to be the one to say it, but there are now more episodes of this season behind us than ahead of us. Damn it. Any word on season 3 yet?I know... 10 months of waiting, and now we only have 4 episodes left. :(

Season 3 has been greenlit. They are casting for it right now. It will most likely air in April 2013.

raggedyman
May 8th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Has anybody heard if Ramsey has been cast for this season or are they waiting for the next?

Evil Agent
May 8th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Has anybody heard if Ramsey has been cast for this season or are they waiting for the next?He has not been cast, as far as we know.

saintjon
May 8th, 2012, 11:13 PM
I have a hard time believing he won't show up in some capacity. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Luya Sevrein
May 9th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Yes, I'm sure I heard the Dragons' crying. I actually like the idea of them being kidnapped. Just... not of all her people dying. xD

Also, maybe they'll use the good old 'hood' device again? :P

Also, yey, Jaime next episode!