PDA

View Full Version : HBO's Game of Thrones Season Two [SPOILERS for EVERYTHING ASOIAF!!]

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

KatG
May 9th, 2012, 01:11 PM
He has not been cast, as far as we know.

That seems unlikely, given that Bolton got permission from Robb to send his bastard son to Winterfell to take it back from Theon, and brief episode descriptions indicate that someone shows up at Winterfell to surprise Theon. So somebody's playing the part.

Chocobo
May 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM
only 4 episodes left but the climax to the series is going to be great

anyone know if the reeds will feature with bran, hodor and osha?

Werthead
May 9th, 2012, 05:27 PM
That seems unlikely, given that Bolton got permission from Robb to send his bastard son to Winterfell to take it back from Theon, and brief episode descriptions indicate that someone shows up at Winterfell to surprise Theon. So somebody's playing the part.

The tenacity of the fanbase in teasing out casting information has been staggering. There has been zero sign of Ramsay or the Reeds being cast. It's not impossible that Ramsay's been cast and we haven't heard about it (maybe if it was somehow a closed scene with only a few cast and crew present), but I'd say it's exceptionally unlikely.

What is possible is that he'll show up as a figure in the distance in armour who maybe points and men run around following his orders, and then we'll see him cast properly next season. That's what they did with Jaqen H'Ghar, who was actually in the final episode of Season 1 as some guy in the back of the cart with a hood pulled over his face, long before the proper actor was cast in the role for Season 2.

anyone know if the reeds will feature with bran, hodor and osha?

Probably not. Maybe in Season 3. Of course, if Ramsay has been somehow stealth-cast and stealth-filmed, maybe they have as well, but I would not put money on it.

Evil Agent
May 9th, 2012, 10:41 PM
That seems unlikely, given that Bolton got permission from Robb to send his bastard son to Winterfell to take it back from Theon, and brief episode descriptions indicate that someone shows up at Winterfell to surprise Theon. So somebody's playing the part.I get all my info from winteriscoming.net, which is the most current and most reliable source on the internet. And so far, there is zero indication of Ramsay being cast.

Some people think Dagmer Cleftjaw is Ramsay in disguise, but I sure hope not.

Luya Sevrein
May 10th, 2012, 05:22 AM
I get all my info from winteriscoming.net, which is the most current and most reliable source on the internet. And so far, there is zero indication of Ramsay being cast.

Some people think Dagmer Cleftjaw is Ramsay in disguise, but I sure hope not.

Why not? I LOVE that actor.

His voice. <3

But yeah, story wise? No.

Ornery Wyvern
May 10th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Also he has to be of a very similar age to Roose Bolton's actor.

Palfrey
May 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know if they're using real birds for the ravens? Just curious.

KatG
May 10th, 2012, 01:24 PM
What is possible is that he'll show up as a figure in the distance in armour who maybe points and men run around following his orders, and then we'll see him cast properly next season.

How is that going to work with this:

"The Prince of Winterfell: Theon receives a visitor and holds down the fort...Robb is betrayed."

The visitor is going to stand at a distance? Ending the season with Theon keeping Winterfell is not going to work. The whole point of his storyline is that he loses Winterfell to Ramsey Bolton, because the Boltons are betraying Robb, and it is set on fire. They've spent an enormous amount of time on Theon's storyline this season -- a bit too much some of us including me have thought -- in order to play up his betrayal of the Starks. So they have to end with his comeuppance, or it doesn't make a great deal of sense. Also, there's no other dramatic highpoint for that episode, which occurs right before the Blackwater one, if they don't do the burning of Winterfell.

More to the point, if they didn't want to use Ramsey, they could have just had an already used minor character do the stuff at Winterfell. Instead, they have Bolton deliberately ask Robb to let his bastard son go save Winterfell. Why do that this season if you don't intend to show it until next season?

The Reed children thing made sense, since they didn't appear and aren't mentioned. They don't yet exist. You can slip them into Season 3, 4 or 5, meeting up with Bran, and they can go North with him, or possibly use them even later. Osha takes Rickon east and eventually into Davos' hands, but it is possible Rickon can be handed off to someone trusted and Osha goes with Bran. I don't think that's a very smart choice, but it's workable. But you can't exactly dump the burning of Winterfell. And they haven't set it up to do it any other way than to have Ramsey do it.

I realize that fans get ahold of casting lists. But the show seems to think it's going to produce Ramsey. Is no one asking the show runners this question?

Evil Agent
May 10th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Theon's visitor at Winterfell is most likely Asha/Yara.Ramsay will probably be introduced next season. Just like how Stannis was mentioned several times last year, but not introduced.

I hear your argument, but I don't agree. I don't see why "Theon keeping Winterfell isn't going to work", or why they "have to end with his comeuppance". There is really no reason why they can't stretch that out, until the start of Season 3.

They've actually said several times that they are no longer adhering to the "one book per season" rule. They are now looking at it as a much more flexible adaptation of ASOIAF. Things will be pushed forward and pulled backwards, more and more.

Loerwyn
May 10th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I'm surprised at how infrequently this line has been uttered, though:
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/365/starkpls.jpg

A few hints to it, sure, but I can't recall anyone actually saying it.