PDA

View Full Version : HBO's Game of Thrones Season Two [SPOILERS for EVERYTHING ASOIAF!!]

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Werthead
May 11th, 2012, 11:16 AM
It wouldn't make a lot of sense to have Yara come, as her men could hold Winterfell and dislodge Theon.

I think someone already mentioned it, but in the books:

Asha arrives with a couple of guys and tells Theon he cannot hold Winterfell, as it's too close to the other Northern holdfasts and too far from the sea, affording him nowhere to retreat to (unlike her castle at Deepwood Motte). She suggests if he'd razed the castle and left immediately - a raid rather than a conquest - then Balon would have been more impressed, but holding the castle is suicide. That's why she refuses to help out and leaves almost immediately, to Theon's fury.

Luya Sevrein
May 11th, 2012, 02:43 PM
i think the battle of blackwater bay is a pretty powerful event which happens around the same time, its been a while since i read a clash of kings but i was under the impression that was the big finale to it?

That's going to be in Episode 9, though, entitled Blackwater. Episode 10 is after, on the summary it begins 'Tyrion wakes up to find...'

KatG
May 11th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Yes, I know what she does in the book, but it's complicated and I didn't think it would work well for the t.v. series and what they set up of the plotline so far for the t.v. series. But they'll probably do it any way, as they want to build her character up too. It has been interesting watching them trying to sync up the book structures with t.v. storytelling structural needs.

AuntiePam
May 12th, 2012, 10:24 PM
I'm not looking forward to Tyrion's disfigurement, and I can't imagine how they'll manage the makeup. Is there a chance they'll minimize it? Not make it as bad as it was in the books?

Evil Agent
May 13th, 2012, 03:34 AM
I'm not looking forward to Tyrion's disfigurement, and I can't imagine how they'll manage the makeup. Is there a chance they'll minimize it? Not make it as bad as it was in the books?I think they'll either minimize it, or leave it out completely. That's basically what they've been doing so far (e.g. Tyrion is already supposed to be a lot uglier, as is Brienne).

Chocobo
May 13th, 2012, 04:57 AM
i think of instead of removing his nose they may just give him a big scar, they have to give him some sort of injury in my opinion

Loerwyn
May 13th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Shouldn't you guys be discussing future events from the books in the other spoiler thread?

Johnny B
May 13th, 2012, 07:53 AM
I predict that instead of losing half his nose, Tyrion's face is burned by wildfire.

Luya Sevrein
May 13th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I'm gonna' throw my lot in with the scar theory. It's easier on make-up.

Evil Agent
May 13th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Shouldn't you guys be discussing future events from the books in the other spoiler thread?No.. as I mentioned earlier, this thread contains spoilers for all books and all episodes of the show.