PDA

View Full Version : HBO's Game of Thrones Season Two [SPOILERS for EVERYTHING ASOIAF!!]

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Loerwyn
May 13th, 2012, 01:24 PM
No.. as I mentioned earlier, this thread contains spoilers for all books and all episodes of the show.
No, that's the other spoiler thread.

algernoninc
May 13th, 2012, 02:46 PM
sorry, Loerwin, but you're wrong this time. this is the spoiler thread

KatG
May 13th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Any of the threads labelled spoilers means you can talk about anything in any of the books in them and the people participating have been warned that it's going to come up. When we're talking about the series as opposed to the books, spoilers will come up a lot because the books are very interconnected. (That's one reason Martin had problems creating books for a time period he'd originally planned to skip.)

AuntiePam
May 13th, 2012, 03:00 PM
The confusion is understandable. The initial post says Open spoilers "for the books and season one". It doesn't say "all the books", so it could be interpreted as "spoilers for the books to this point in the TV series".

Loerwyn
May 13th, 2012, 03:23 PM
If I'm wrong, what purpose does this topic serve (http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30822)? I assume it's called "HBO's Game of Thrones (EXTREME-SPOILER THREAD!--SPOILERS FOR ALL ASOIAF BOOKS!!!))" for a reason.

AuntiePam
May 13th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Never mind. It does look like that thread is where we should be, if we're talking about ALL the books as well as the TV series.

Luya Sevrein
May 13th, 2012, 07:41 PM
People are going to make mistakes, no one can know for sure. Any thread with spoilers in I would just steer clear of if I don't want spoilers. Simples.

As for tonight's episode, I think it's the Undying one. 8D I don't know how far into that they are going to get, might be next week they do it properly. But people are getting worried because - if they keep to the books - we will see Elia. People are worried that she, and the Martell's, will be cast as white. There's also been the usual 'Oh, this is racist because...' complaining because Rakharo and then Irri died, as well as Dany coming across quite 'white leader preaching Western values to her brown people.'

suciul
May 14th, 2012, 12:31 AM
As for tonight's episode, I think it's the Undying one.

Actually I think that the Undying will be in episode 10 and will close Dany's arc for the season with the recovery of the dragons; I also think that episode 7 established that Talissa is Jeyne considering her reaction when Robb decides to take her to accept the surrender of the Crag...

Jaime and the warlock just rocked - his cell scene with Alton was just awesome though it reminded one of his reminiscences with Jory in the first season; in the books I never got the point of Pyat Pree and the house of the Undying beyond throwing some back story and some prophecies as the warlocks seemed really lame, talk and nothing else; here though...

Episode 7 was the best of the season and while episodes 9 and 10 of last year were better, this was close and i hope episode 8 will deliver too

Evil Agent
May 14th, 2012, 12:43 AM
If I'm wrong, what purpose does this topic serve (http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30822)? I assume it's called "HBO's Game of Thrones (EXTREME-SPOILER THREAD!--SPOILERS FOR ALL ASOIAF BOOKS!!!))" for a reason.That was the Season 1 thread. Someone decided to make this new thread for Season 2, but it still contains spoilers for ALL books. I mentioned this, a while ago.

Maybe a mod can edit this thread title to say "SPOILERS FOR ALL BOOKS".

Loerwyn
May 14th, 2012, 03:40 AM
That was the Season 1 thread. Someone decided to make this new thread for Season 2, but it still contains spoilers for ALL books. I mentioned this, a while ago.

Maybe a mod can edit this thread title to say "SPOILERS FOR ALL BOOKS".
But you started off the discussion on S2 in that topic (http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=679652#post679652). It seems a little odd to restrict it to Season 1 (when you yourself started the S2 discussion there) when you're able to discuss all of the books in that topic.

We have three topics:
1. No Spoilers
2. Spoilers for show
3. Spoilers for show and books.

This is #2. The one I linked to is #3.