PDA

View Full Version : HBO's Game of Thrones Season Two [SPOILERS for EVERYTHING ASOIAF!!]

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Luya Sevrein
May 17th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I don't think she's selfish, and all tweens/teenagers are arrogant. She does become a merciless killer, but I'm not sure the term "sociopath" as we understand it is applicable in her society.

That's kinda my point. She is a noble girl of around a tween age - of course she's a bit rude, a bit arrogant, etc. But people don't call her out for it like they do Sansa, an also tween/young teen noble girl. I believe it's because of her storyline and action/survival/swordplay typa' deal. Not really fair, is it?

Evil Agent
May 17th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Arya's my favourite character, after Ned Stark.

I don't have KatG's patience (or I'd write a lot more about it), so I'll leave it at that.

Luya Sevrein
May 18th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I love Ned too. I thought I would miss him way more in this season but I think the rest of the cast are more than holding things together. Yet, when I do watch the old episodes I really pine for Sean Bean as Ned. xD;;

It was amusing how stupid he came across in Episodes 6-9 though. Honour is honour, doesn't mean you can't have a back up plan. xD Kinda' going the way some other things are going - like why doesn't Arya kill Tywin? Or ask Jaqen to kill someone more inportant? Or why didn't Osha kill Theon in bed?

But I'm enjoying it too much to care more than just noting them. xD

Palfrey
May 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM
That's kinda my point. She is a noble girl of around a tween age - of course she's a bit rude, a bit arrogant, etc. But people don't call her out for it like they do Sansa, an also tween/young teen noble girl. I believe it's because of her storyline and action/survival/swordplay typa' deal. Not really fair, is it?

Arya is assertive and plucky. Sansa is whiney and snippy. That's the difference.

KatG
May 18th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Arya is assertive and plucky. Sansa is whiney and snippy. That's the difference.

Arya whines tons and snaps at people. And Sansa is increasingly plucky and most of the time does not dare be snippy any more. Sansa has done some pretty plucky, brave and sneaky things, and earned Tyrion's respect for it. Both of them have a temper, which they get from their mother. So I don't think that's the difference. I think Sansa earns people's ire because in the beginning, she's the girly-girl, she is spoiled and she sides against her family. But in Martin's world, people don't necessarily stay the same.

AuntiePam
May 19th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Three episodes left. What are we likely to see? Apparently we'll see Blackwater, and they can't leave out the burning of the House of the Undying, and Arya freeing the prisoners at Harrenhall, Jaqen changing and giving Arya the "magic words", Theon's betrayal by the Boltons. What else is there? That seems like a lot for just three episodes.

Evil Agent
May 19th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Three episodes left. What are we likely to see? Apparently we'll see Blackwater, and they can't leave out the burning of the House of the Undying, and Arya freeing the prisoners at Harrenhall, Jaqen changing and giving Arya the "magic words", Theon's betrayal by the Boltons. What else is there? That seems like a lot for just three episodes.Jon Snow killing the halfhand and joining the wildlings.

Definitely seems like a lot, for 3 episodes. This season feels even more rushed than the previous one.

AuntiePam
May 19th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I wonder if it feels rushed to viewers who haven't read the books.

I'm not getting a sense that all of Westeros is at war. Seems like in the book, every chapter had a battle or news of a battle, repercussions, the countryside in chaos, etc.

It's a lot of story for just 10 episodes.

KatG
May 19th, 2012, 07:35 PM
As we know from the earlier discussion, they're waiting on the Bolton's betrayal of Theon until next season. So Theon's storyline isn't going to be where the action is. But they have to have the House of the Undying burn down, Jon join the wildings, some stuff at Harrenhal and Blackwater.

In the next episode, it will be some of the Harrenhal stuff, Jaime and Brienne taking off, and Danys entering the House of the Undying, possibly the whole sequence. The next episode after that is nearly all Blackwater. The last episode will probably have Jon's feint with the wildings and setting everybody up for the next season. Jaquen will presumably give Arya the coin then. They may also have some stuff for Bran from Storm of Swords scattered in the last episodes.

Luya Sevrein
May 20th, 2012, 10:34 AM
So why's next episode called Prince of Winterfell? Surely they can't do much more with Winterfell until Reek comes, bar an amazing fun between between Theon and Yara.

I'll also remind people that the general way programmes work is to throw the exciting stuff into the last few episodes, so they'll likely up the pace a lot, especailly for Blackwater and the last episode.

I think they'll save the 'at war feel' for Season 3/4. I got a lot more of the feel of war from the aftermath, from Sandor, Arya, Brienne, Jaime, wondering around, seeing the burned towns, deserted inns, ruined crops. A lot easier on the budget too.