PDA

View Full Version : HBO's Game of Thrones Season Two [SPOILERS for EVERYTHING ASOIAF!!]

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Luya Sevrein
May 24th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Does anyone know if they've cast Rhaegar or Elia for the Undying? I don't really know what's going on casting wise or if we have a thread for it?

Werthead
May 24th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know if they've cast Rhaegar or Elia for the Undying? I don't really know what's going on casting wise or if we have a thread for it?

No. But if they're extras who don't speak (or even have their words dubbed by other actors) that information wouldn't have come out (I'm actually wondering if this could be how Ramsay got by us, if he does show up).

I'm very curious as to how they're going to do this on the TV show. The foreshadowing for future events (like the RW) will probably still happen, but it may be they'll show a lot of Rhaegar and Lyannar or absolutely nothing of them at all. They're clearly reluctant to start pressing buttons on the Jon's parentage issue, presumably as it wouldn't take as long (from a visual image) for people to start working possibilities out as it did in the books. But this is the next logical place for them to start addressing the issue.

I'm also pondering how the dragons burn the place down given that Drogon could barely spit out enough fire to toast a tiny piece of meat just a few weeks back. They were a bit bigger by this point in the books.

AuntiePam
May 24th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I'm also pondering how the dragons burn the place down given that Drogon could barely spit out enough fire to toast a tiny piece of meat just a few weeks back. They were a bit bigger by this point in the books.

I'm guessing specially formulated dragon food. Or magic. Or both.

Or proximity to something really flammable. :)

KatG
May 24th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I think on the visions, we're going to have the most stripped down set up they can get away with. And there are three dragons now and its been a few weeks before they were captured, so if they all spit and eat, it probably will work. Or maybe they'll get rid of the heart and have something else, but I hope it's the heart because that will be wonderfully gross.

Werthead
May 24th, 2012, 09:25 PM
It's worth noting that the House of the Undying theme from the soundtrack is more than 5 minutes long, which is quite significant from a soundtrack perspective (most tracks are between 1 and 3 minutes). That suggests the scene will be quite long.

This is a key scene (for me, maybe even moreso than the Blackwater) and one that could be brilliant or they could balls it up spectacularly. It's also unclear if it's going to be in Episode 9 or 10. We know that 9 is not going to be purely the Blackwater (the previews show that Arya's storyline will be continued as well) so it's possible it will be in 9 as well.

KatG
May 25th, 2012, 03:06 PM
The visions are very important; I just think they can't afford to do more than the ones that Martin told them were essential. While Ep. 9 isn't going to be all Blackwater, it's going to be mostly Blackwater according to the producers, so since Dany's sequence will be long, I'm 90% sure that they're saving at least half of it for Ep. 10, to be the big ending action bit of the season. I think we'll likely see her go into the House in Ep. 9. I'm very curious to see how they are going to set up the dragon rescue.

Luya Sevrein
May 27th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Firstly, Blackwater was amazing.

MASSIVE Pros -

Why am I even doing it this way? Everything!

Sandor's look when everything was set alight... Gah.

The whole episode being dedicated to the battle made for some intense immersion and amazing filler-in scenes that I just... love, so hard. Bronn and Sandor, for example, that was amazing! Also, The Rains of Castamere - I had heard it on the album beforehand but It was nice to hear it in the actual show. Cutting now and then to Cersei was a little annoying after the third time, but seeing Lena 'drunk' and honest with Sansa was hallerious. I love you, Cersei.

They promised us a battle, but not a movie-style battle but to differences in budget. I don't care. The sets were smaller, but this was just as amazing, just as intense... I also loved the ships coming out of the fog to the sound of drums, the amazing explosion, Bronn, in general...

The ending was amazing. I'd'a prefered Tywin to come through the doors first, but screw it, it was so awesome. Nice little montage there that was only missing one pretty much, in my point of view, vital piece. (I'll explain in a second.)

MASSIVE Cons -

I am upset there was no chain - the actual 'Blackwater' bit was over far too quickly, and it makes Davos look completely incompetant. I mean, a lone, unmanned ship, and a smuggler does not know that's a fireship? But, I guess he's not used to battle. I guess we know where the budget went though. As I said, the explosion part was amazing, however.

The problem with this show is that when they change things, they leave everything making no sense, as I mentioned before with Davos appearing incompetant. Why would she not have gone with him? He was tipsy, at best, kind, not putting a sword to her throat, mentioning Winterfell... I am just at a loss. I know the whole Sansa/Sandor relasionship is a deep, complicated mess of obsession and curruption and hope and bleh, and many just feel it's 'icky' (legit quote - seriously, shallow people...) But what is sexual about, for example, a cloak? Sansa huddling in a cloak in that last 'Cersei's gonna bitch about being a mother, AGAIN' montage would have sated me....

It's just my fangirl talking, I'm sure... I'll get over them ruining one of the most complexe relasionships I've ever read, I'm sure... Yepp... But, it's made all the more painful because the episode was amazing. It's like someone has given me a giant cake, and then stabbed me in the face.

Nightblade
May 28th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Great episode. Wasn't expecting it to last the whole 56 mins.

However, I keep thinking Loras and Lancel look alike. And then Twyin walked in seconds later...=/

Looks like more Brienne and Jaime next week!

Daddy Darth
May 28th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Last nights episode melted my brain it was so intense. I have one big question though - whats up with Stannis being captured? Talk about the butterfly effect. This has some pretty far reaching implications. UNless Mellisandre pulls another magic trick next season. What do you all think?

Johnny B
May 28th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Last nights episode melted my brain it was so intense. I have one big question though - whats up with Stannis being captured? Talk about the butterfly effect. This has some pretty far reaching implications. UNless Mellisandre pulls another magic trick next season. What do you all think?

He wasn't captured. What you saw was his men dragging him away from the battle.

This episode was epic. I need to watch it again. Now.