PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best RPG game?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Elan Morin Tedronai
September 4th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Well, I'd said I am very atracted to Icewind Dale series. I have played her with two heroes - Halfling (Fighter/Thief) and Dwarf (Fighter) - Ahhhhh, it rulls. I am planing of buying IWD2 and NWN soon, but I'd say that IWD 1 is one of the best games I've ever played and one of my favourites!

Baldur's Gate series are also one of the best Computer Role games. The storyline, the game and everything else are brilliant made.

Planescape Torment is also a brilliant game. The Unnamed One is one of my favourite among the Child of Bhaal and Minsk (and even Boo:)). The storyline is brilliant and the gameplay is one of the best - traditionally for a game of Interlay.

Dakel
September 4th, 2002, 11:21 PM
I voted for Baldur's Gate.

Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate 2 were both good, but I was disappointed by Neverwinter Nights. I haven't played Planescape Torment or Icewind Dale 2.

DarthV
September 5th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Hrmmm for actual RP'n, I think Planescape probably edges out Baldur's Gate 2 by a little. For a total look at the games, it's probably a toss up between BG2 and NWN...mostly due to the multiplayer aspects. BG2 has a better storyline and good multiplay... but NWN has a LOT of user created content and very good multiplayer.

Zaknafein
September 5th, 2002, 09:23 AM
I voted for Baldurs Gate 2, even though I liked NWN quite a lot, but the SP is too short and too easy compared to BG2.

The-Windlord
November 9th, 2002, 10:14 PM
I will have to strongly disagree with Dakel, I wasn't disappointed with NwN at all. It gave you a totally new view on teh Baldur's Gate series in many different ways. Well Physically, they used a different system. You could spin around viewing the whole room instead of having just one view point. The graphics were awesome, not to mention teh Aurora Toolset. I would have to say NwN was the best Forgotten Realms game out there, so far.

kahnovitch
November 11th, 2002, 04:54 AM
I would have voted for "Severance-Blade of Darkness", but alas I'm the only soul here who's heard of it.

fluffy bunny
November 11th, 2002, 09:11 AM
severance was good in small doses

vxcz
January 4th, 2003, 06:53 PM
played em all accept NWN (bought a new videocard for it which turned out incompatibal w/ mainboard -.- fury)

voted bg2 but think bg1 had best storyline.. and how its told.. you uncovering clues from snippets of dialoug and finding letters between enmies? great fun first time round

"I have played her with two heroes " ya craven ;) be a man! play it with one and without pause button (theif or ranger with stealth and bows if single player)

Tacitus
January 28th, 2003, 06:36 PM
None of the above.

Just a tad more action than RPG, but cuz I love the consistency, premise and depth of the storyline in a game I'm gonna go with the Legacy of Kain series.

trentdick2882
January 28th, 2003, 09:53 PM
where is Fallout and Fallout 2? they're interplay right? i would vote for them.