View Full Version : Witchblade and Farscape Canceled

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

jjt
September 7th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Sorry if there is already a thread going .. but didn't see one so ..

On the heals of last weeks announcement that witchblade wouldn't be renewed .. news leaked last night that sci fi has opted out of Farscape.

Sad news for sff fans.

jjt
September 7th, 2002, 01:08 PM
The chat transcript is up at ff's spoiler board farscape thread .. and i'm sure will be posted to scifi.com soon.

http://www.forums4fans.com/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000997&p=7

Witchblade fans have a petition going here ..

http://www.petitiononline.com/Legion11/petition.html

I'm sure campaigns for both programs will be in full swing soon.

Both shows had great reviews and solid ratings .. tv is not safe anymore.

Sad .. very sad.

TV is always 'aiming' programing to target specific demographics gain their loyality so that they can sell to their advertisers. While they continue to look for 'loyal' fans .. I continue to look for a 'loyal' network.

The only one I find any admiration for at present is FX for standing behind the shield despite advertisers backing out. Not only continuing the series .. but renewing for a second season. Emmy nominations for that series were well deserved imho.

milamber_reborn
September 8th, 2002, 01:28 AM
I really don't think Farscape will be axed. The game just came out, and they've planned two more seasons and a movie.

jjt
September 8th, 2002, 09:36 AM
The Farscape cancelation info came straight from a scifi.com chat with Ben Browder and David Kemper and Rick Froon this weekend.

The full chat trascript should be up at scifi.com soon ..

estranghero
September 9th, 2002, 12:17 AM
Farscape.... cancelled? NO!!!!!!!

*sniff* Say it ain't so, jjt... :(

helenf
September 9th, 2002, 04:16 AM
and to think Farscape was my favourite SF show
one of my favourite shows ever
and now it's gone/going :(

*over dramatic sob!*

Helen

Quaisior
September 9th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Here's the link to the Save Farscape campaign at Farscape World:
http://www.farscapeworld.com/helpfarscape.shtml

I am so angry and sad right now. It's like finding out that one of my best friends is dying! :(

milamber_reborn
September 11th, 2002, 01:44 AM
Signed a couple of petitions. Hope another network picks Farscape up.

helenf
September 11th, 2002, 04:32 AM
I am actually rather devastated - what gets to me the most is that the story will have no closure as they didn't have time to re-write anything - there'll probably be a cliff hanger, knowing Farscape!

Also, tearing down the sets means destroying Moya - I feel like they're killing one of the characters (and to an extent the actor behind the character since there'll be no trace of Moya left anywhere in the world now, whereas I would hope that at least the Pilot and Rygel puppets have been saved by the Henson company). Obviously some people might think it was weird to be sad at a fictional character/ship being destroyed but it just shows how strong and different this show was.

It really angers me that such a critically acclaimed show has been cancelled when there's so much rubbish still showing.

estranghero
September 11th, 2002, 07:10 AM
Mebbe another station will pick 'em up, like Fox did with 'Angel' and 'Buffy'? (Did I get that right?) :confused: