PDA

View Full Version : Help me before I go mad!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Sylphe
May 18th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I have been trying to find a book i read many years ago, i can not remember the title or author but i think i remember quite a bit of the plot so here goes

its about two people that find each other in our time then i think they start dreaming about being together in previous lives, because of this they visit a psychic or medium or something who helps them go back and remember their previous lives. the book goes on to outline that these two souls are being continually reborn in the hope of breaking a curse that has been put on them in their original life in medieval times (i think). This is their last chance to break the curse or they are eternally dammed or some such

i think it was from the 70's or 80's as i know it was one of my mothers that i read as a child.

Please please please can anyone help me??

Pennarin
May 20th, 2012, 02:45 PM
This being a science fiction forum you'll need to chance on someone having read this particular fantasy/mystery story. Multiply your chances by posting on more approriate forums as well, if you haven't done so already.

Good luck.

mylinar
May 22nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
Just an off chance, I only read this once and decades ago. There was a book by I believe John Varley and called 'The Karma Affair'. It sounds somewhat like your description except if memory serves there was a third person involved with them.

rainswept
May 26th, 2012, 08:26 PM
The Karma Affair is actually a science fiction novel by Arsen Darnay. You might remember it under its hardcover title of Karma: A novel of retribution and transcendence.

Unbelievably, it appears to be the answer to one of my longest-standing title mysteries (http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26593)!!!

So thank-you, Mylinar, even if it doesn't turn out to be what Sylphe's looking for.

And thank you, Sylphe, for posting this query here :)

mylinar
May 29th, 2012, 08:46 AM
The Karma Affair is actually a science fiction novel by Arsen Darnay. You might remember it under its hardcover title of Karma: A novel of retribution and transcendence.

Unbelievably, it appears to be the answer to one of my longest-standing title mysteries (http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26593)!!!

So thank-you, Mylinar, even if it doesn't turn out to be what Sylphe's looking for.

And thank you, Sylphe, for posting this query here :)

Your welcome, but I am annoyed at having the author wrong. I was at work and so certain of myself that I did not check. That's a no-no.

ian_sales
June 7th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Sounds to me like Memories by Mike McQuay.