PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers Inside] Diablo III

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Grokl
May 19th, 2012, 11:57 AM
This game deserves its own thread instead of being discussed in the what are you playing thread, in my opinion.

Blizzard has done it again, they managed to make a game that I am going to play for hundreds if not thousands of hours.

I have played the monk mostly, but have tried all 5 classes and I must say I think I am going to play them all to max level. Then the endless hunt for better items can begin mixed with some hardcore playing (hardcore = one life, if you die your character is dead forever).

Spoilers below (last warning)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
The story is awesome. I loved the evil twist with Adria and her daughter. Cains death was a major surprise and the return of the Butcher.. I was jumping up and down... was so excited to see him bash through the gate and happy to find him a little challenging compared to the rest of act1.

Well done Blizzard!

phil_geo
May 23rd, 2012, 11:22 PM
I usually hate the story and skip all the cutscenes, but I agre this one was good. And you were right - Nightmare is much harder than Normal. I am having some trouble getting through Act 1, so it is more like I expected.

I agree, this is one I will be playing for awhile. I have just started to go back and farm old acts, mostly to level up so I can get through Nightmare easier. I am also looking forward to strategies - it didn't matter on Normal, but I can't just rush in a left click anymore. I'm playing a witch doctor, which has been fun, and I started a monk.

phil_geo
May 24th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Oh man - I started having trouble with Nightmare level in Act 2, so I upgraded my weapon at the auction house. I went from about 50 dps to 95 for under 5000 gold. That made things a lot easier.

phil_geo
May 28th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I can't get enough of this game - I'm on Diablo on Nightmare level. Had a little trouble with him so I may level up to 51 or 52 before trying him again.

<edit:> That did it - could not beat Diablo on Nightmare at level 50, so I levelled up to 51 and it was surprisingly easy to kill him then. Got him first try.