PDA

View Full Version : Looking for young adult series - space lifeboat?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

ravenlynne
June 6th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Ok, so I'm trying to remember the name of a book series I read a while back and wanted to check in with to see if there are any new books. It was young adult scifi. I'll try to remember what I can. I believe the author was female. It seems like there was some sort of global catastrophe that was going to completely obliterate the earth. So they packed up a bunch of scientists and their families (like they do) and put them on a spaceship to go somewhere (can't remember whether there was a specific location or if it was just a lifeboat.) Anyway, it seems like they were in suspended animation or hypersleep or something and when they came out of it, most of the adults were dead. I want to say there was bacteria or fungus or something. Well, it from there it went all Lord of the Flies with kids picking factions and the few remaining adults getting picked off. Then later it seems like they were taken in by another ship. It was a pretty decent series and I'd like to check it out again. Anyone have any ideas? It was a fairly long series...

rainswept
June 9th, 2012, 09:10 PM
This rather sounds like Pamela Sargent's Earthseed (1983). It was followed by Farseed (2007), and Seed Seeker (2010).