PDA

View Full Version : Alien vs Predator film?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

kahnovitch
September 12th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Iíve heard rumours and gossip about this, but so far seen nothing substantial to support it.
I loved the Aliens and Predators as conceptual creatures and have read many graphic novels where the two races meet head-to-head. The games based on the idea are great too, but what about a movie? (preferably without Ripley in it)
I heard that Sigourney Weaver holds all rights to the films now and as a result she has been hogging the limelight ever since. Nothing gets done on the Alien vibe without her say so.
There are a lot of ideas for the script kicking around on the Internet and surely it would be the next logical step and a great movie to boot?

someguy
September 12th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I heard some rumors about it as well. I agree that it has the [i]potential[i/] to be very cool. Predator was a really great movie, and Alien I and II were awesome. I also loved the games. But what scares me is that this movie could be done sooo poorly. It will be hard for it not to be bad. Lets hope...

Keyoke
September 13th, 2002, 01:06 AM
Yah, it would be great to see it. I doubt we ever will. Though, they didnt really screw up the Predator franchise with Predator 2, I thought it was pretty good.

I did like the last Alien film, but, I dont know if it 'revitalized' the Alien films.

Though, we all did see the Alien head in Predator 2, right? :)

Keyoke

kahnovitch
September 13th, 2002, 01:19 AM
Absolutely, and while reading the AVP graphic novels, it turned out that the Predators deliberately spread the Aliens to other planets so they (the Preds) would have plenty of "game" to hunt.

saintjon
September 13th, 2002, 10:47 AM
I read a synopsis for the "movie which will never be made" in a magazine when I was in grade school. To give you an idea of the time frame here, there was also a preview for the Tie-Fighter computer game.

Anyways, they had a whole script written up, which was pretty cool, licensing and production problems come up and into the trash it goes. If they didn't make it then, why would they now? Although a Predator 3 movie would be pretty sweet.

enazwo
September 13th, 2002, 11:57 AM
From what I have read there is for sure going to be a AvP movie, as it is in pre-production right now.

Twentieth Century Fox has had the rights for awhile and recently they forced a fan site that had made an unofficial CGI AvP movie to shut down.

One of the original hold ups in getting the project going was Sigourney Weaver expressing her displeasure with the possiblity of combining her beloved Alien with Arnie's trashy Predator, because she wants to return the Alien to its pristine evil nature while "playing Ripley's Antartic side.". Weaver further added that she would distance herself as far as possible from the Alien franchise if the AvP movie is made.

However because of the phenomenal success of the video games 20th Century Fox executives finally pushed through the project.

Poul Anderson has been offically announced as the writer and director for AvP. Anderson has recently done "Resident Evil", "Event Horizon", "Soldier", and "Mortal Kombat".

someguy
September 13th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Poul Anderson has been offically announced as the writer and director for AvP. Anderson has recently done "Resident Evil", "Event Horizon", "Soldier", and "Mortal Kombat". That is NOT filling me with confidence. Resident Evil was suprisingly tolerable, Event Horizon was good, Soldier and Mortal Kombat were lame....couldnt they find someone better?

kater
September 14th, 2002, 12:17 AM
LOL, apparently he's pulled out for the moment but thats just what I read in passing on a less than kosher site. Any thoughts on one of the other vs films, Batman Vs Superman?

Keyoke
September 14th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Egad.. I agree, that doesnt fill me with me with alot of confidence, I think Soldier was one of the worse movies I'd seen, and Resident Evil? Ick!

Though, Event Horizon was great.. Scared the bajebbees out of me. :)

Keyoke

someguy
September 14th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Scared the bajebbees out of me. Me too. It really freaked me out actually....

And as "Batman vs Superman". Puke!!