View Full Version : Revolution, on NBC

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

PeterWilliam
July 15th, 2012, 02:12 PM
I fall for the post-apocalyptic theme as easily as I do for anything. So it's not a big surprise that I'm going to be all over this show (http://www.nbc.com/revolution/) when it begins airing this fall.

Anyone else lining up for this series release?

JangoLee
July 15th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I am DEFINITELY looking forward to it! I am a sucker for all things apocalyptic, and post-apocalyptic.

I actually want the series to start this coming Tuesday, but it seems like my vote does not sway the network.

Rob B
July 16th, 2012, 12:34 PM
It is JJ Abrams, and I'm willing to give most of his non-Tom Cruise starring stuff a try. He usually has good ideas for stories.

txshusker
July 30th, 2012, 04:47 PM
The Olympics is good for something... I saw an add for it for the first time while watching beach volleyball... Looked pretty cool. May give me a reason to watch fall network TV that doesn't have "football" in the title.

oceanworld
August 1st, 2012, 08:18 PM
:) It sounds like it might be an interesting show, look forward to seeing the first episode.;)

Glelas
August 1st, 2012, 08:44 PM
Is this loosely based on Dies The Fire by SM Stirling?

Rob B
August 2nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Another elment that intrigues me is that Giancarlo Esposito is looking like the bad guy in this thing. Anybody who has seen is stellar work on Breaking Bad* knows he is an extremely talented actor (and could very well take the Emmy from Dinklage this year) who can pull of calm, calculated and menacing very well.

*I'm just starting watching season four so no spoilers, please.

PeterWilliam
August 2nd, 2012, 05:52 PM

I don't know that Abrams' has made any such mention, but a quick Google search brought up posts that ranged from charging Abrams as a fraud, to claiming that a post-apocalyptic

change in the laws of physics

is a trope that has been well traveled. Not sure what to make of it, but I'm sure the discussion will continue and the opinions will abound...especially if it does well.

DDCOrange
August 4th, 2012, 04:09 AM

It looks very similiar, at least based on the initial premise. It will be interesting to see where JJ Abrams takes it. I wonder if he "borrowed" the idea from Stirling's Emberverse series?

Too bad it wasn't a collaberation. I wouldn't mind seeing Dies the Fire and it's multiple sequels made into an ongoing series. Abrams would make a better job of it than most.

davinden
August 24th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I don't know,but I'd say you see something on tv, but if you're talking about a character, you will see the character in the tv show.