PDA

View Full Version : Where to read digital comics?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Nebster173
July 19th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I've been reading comics using comixology. So far I've read the amazing spider-man vol 1 but the last issue there is #25. When do they release the next? And where else can I read the rest? Are they available elsewhere digitally? If not, then how do I continue? Thanks in advance.

Loerwyn
July 19th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Comixology is adding new titles and issues each week, and a lot of classic series are slowly coming on to that platform.

The only other way I can think of is to see if they are available in print - either single issues or in collected editions, and I think The Amazing Spider-Man (if we're thinking of the same series) is collected into trade collections (The Essential Spider-Man ones) that should still be in print.

Nebster173
July 19th, 2012, 03:05 PM
What's the best place to order them from? I haven't found everything new from amazon. So should I order from Amazon or are there any better places?

Loerwyn
July 19th, 2012, 03:09 PM
What do you mean by "better"?

Nebster173
July 19th, 2012, 03:28 PM
I don't know... Cheaper? Of better quality if they're only available used? Would you recommend any other place over amazon to order them from?

Loerwyn
July 19th, 2012, 03:31 PM
You could always check The Book Depository or your local comic shop, but it depends where you live really.

Nebster173
July 19th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I live in the middle east (Kuwait), there aren't any stores that sell them that I know of around here. So should I get them from amazon? Again, thank you very much, man. You've been really helpful.

Loerwyn
July 19th, 2012, 03:51 PM
The Book Depository has free near-worldwide shipping, but they don't sell used. So possibly there or Amazon are your best bets. Or eBay.

Nebster173
July 19th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I'm going to look for them in those places. Again, thanks for your help. I wouldn't have continued the series otherwise. :)

Nebster173
July 22nd, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hey again. I learned that essentials are only black and white so I decided to get masterworks instead. I found most of what I was looking for on amazon except the amazing Spider-Man vol 4 (masterworks). I did find it on Amazon but it was much more expensive than the rest. Any idea why? I also looked in the book depository but it wasn't even available there? Why would that be? What's so special about vol 4?